Chapter 4

Enjoy.

I’ve been staring on my phone for like an hour now whilst I got Santana’s business card on the other and the check she gave me earlier lying on the circular coffee table before me. There’s the continuous tapping of my feet on the cold floor along with the unusual pounding of my chest almost echoing inside my ear. My lower lip tugged between my teeth and the edge of the piece of paper starting to crumple as an evident sign of the nervousness inside me.

I’m having a pretty explosive battle inside my head as the ticking of the clock reached my ear, it’s already 9 in the evening and I can’t even manage to care if my place is really dark aside from the dim light coming from the lampshade by the corner. And my butt is pretty numb for I’ve been sitting here taut and rigid for seem like forever.

I ended up groaning my right hand flying on my forehead and my back meet the cold leather of the couch  when I slumped down, pretty sure I’ll be having a massive headache in no time. I remember that I have been sitting here in the same position last night the only difference is that I haven’t agreed to marry that woman.

I haven’t agreed to marry Santana.

Trails of thought running inside my head making it more impossible for me to think straight when without hesitation I grabbed my phone hastily typing her number.

And right after the first ring raspy voice occupied my ear whilst I got my chest thudding. My eyes landed on the check and by that…

“It’s a yes.”

~

I stepped out the car with my feet heavier than normal, there’s the unusual  coiling inside my stomach which I never felt for like forever, the last time I remember I felt this nervous was when all of a sudden my phone rang and it was from the hospital saying that my family was gone. It’s been four years already so I really don’t know how it felt like, I felt numb ever since.

Right after I called Santana last night, I was pretty disappointed when none of my expected reaction from that brunette came out, I was kind of expecting some shrilling or any high pitched sound from the other line but my ear were just greeted by the shortest ‘okay. Meet me at the airport tomorrow.’ I mean like seriously can’t she be more responsive?

I sent Tina a quick text this morning when she asked me if did I called Santana last night and of course I told her yes and the phone almost exploded when Tina started yelling and giving me lectures and by that I literally throw the phone inside my pouch before walking out my apartment, sighing when I finally took one last glance.

My eyes automatically landed on Santana by the entrance, she got her arms crossed over her chest, and she was dressed in skinny jeans and a white wife beater and had aviator shades on. She had looked hot in her usual blazers and skirts, but this look had beaten it, even though I hadn't thought it was possible. She looked kind of badass, and it was so hot.

With a lot of willpower I drag my feet whilst I got a single suitcase on my free hand towards her direction with a deep breath I threw her a sweet smile, there’s the doubt running inside my head when she shifted her weight from one foot to another completely facing me, I don’t know if my mind is just playing some tricks when I took a glimpse of Santana a little smile creping on her face.

“Hey.” I greeted enthusiastically when I’m finally two steps away from her.

After a second or two she slowly took off her aviator revealing her chocolate brown eyes, like seriously I really don’t know if I’ll get used to the fact that she got that dark brown eyes, I don’t think I have seen something that dark yet expressive at the same time, how it dilates under the gleaming ray of the sun and how it wanders my face. I gulped dryly when the realisation hit me that Santana’s eyes started boring holes onto my head, her lips pinched together and her perfectly manicured eyebrow quirked in an intimidating way.