Chapter 8

“Fuck!”

“Where is she?”

“She’s not answering her phone.”

“Santana, can you like tell me what happen right after the wedding?”

It’s been almost half an hour since we were standing at the airport’s entrance waiting for a certain blonde’s appearance. It was absolutely planned that this very day would be our honeymoon and as far as I know, she was informed. And of course judging the amount of messages I left her, she was fully aware that she has to be in here within the next 30 minutes.

Mouth slightly parted, I stare at Quinn who got her hands securely placed on her hips, whilst she got a single brow quirked. “We just had an argument, is all.” I mumbled lowly, blankly tapping on my phone.

Since what happened last night, I haven’t taken a glimpse of those blonde locks and deep blue eyes. Fighting the urge of calling her all night was almost unbearable, but just thinking of those things that I said, I thought to myself that she kind of needed some time for herself. Just thinking of those words that escaped my lips even brought a scorching pain through me; it was so reckless of me, so unfair.  

This morning, there’s the light  familiar laughter coming from the garden and I almost lost a tooth on how fast I moved towards the window, and the automatic slumping of my shoulders and falling of my face when I realised that her things were nowhere to be found made the guilt inside me even worse. By that, without second thought I grabbed my phone and hastily typed her number, but when it automatically went to her voicemail, I’m dead.

“An argument? Seriously, Santana?  You guys were married less than a day and you just let your alter ego take over just like that. And now, you’re expecting Brittany to be here. Well done!” She scolded before grabbing me by the wrist pulling me on one of the benches.

A muffled groan escaped my throat when I buried my head on my palms. This is frustrating! What am I even thinking when I said that? When she told me that her family died in a car accident, my mind went blurry, my mouth slightly agape and my feet glued on the cold floor. Those tears that escaped her eyes were like little diamonds rolling down her pale cheeks, and the quivering of her fingers when she tried to wipe it away was still literally clear inside my head.

“I know, it’s my fault.” I sighed staring on my phone. “But what can I do? She’s not answering her phone. I can’t stay here, I won’t risk any chance my mom or dad seeing me wandering in Lima instead of spending a week surfboarding, swimming or even flying with my wife in Hawaii.”

Quinn scoffed beside me shaking her head in the process. “Well, it’s either you can kill yourself or wait for her.” She mumbled seriously and I just threw her an annoyed look. “Or you can actually pull yourself together because… she’s here.” She added her voice an octave higher my brows knitted in an instant and my mouth fell open.

“That’s not funny, Quinn.” I muttered under my breath, Quinn didn’t even manage to look at me instead she just wiggled in her seat whilst waving her hand.

“Brittany! Over here!” she called on the other side of the road.

Slowly, with my brows furrowed I followed her line of sight. And for the love of God, I’m pretty sure that every ounce of blood ran through my brain and trying to seep out of my pores. There’s the tight lip smile etching on those thin pink lips, the crimson red tint of her cheeks and the messy bun of her hair – Brittany.

What happened last night replaying almost clearly inside my head, even the quivering of her lips when she mumbled her last words and the whipping of her hair when she walked away. I can almost hear the pounding of my chest inside my ear, I never felt this guilty for a very long time. Next thing I know is that two blondes were standing in front of me, the gleaming ray of the sun giving the breath taking glow of their light colour tresses.