Chapter 7

A/N: It’s been forever and I’m sorry.

It was unbelievably early when I finally peeled my eyes open, the blue digital clock ticking just right above the nightstand giving the illuminating dark light inside Santana’s room. There’s the familiar coiling inside my stomach when the time finally sank into my brain it’s about 12 midnight and few more hours it’s officially morning, it’s my wedding.

My body felt so cold under the sheets as I tugged it just above my chin. There was the usual silence tumbling from wall to wall, and yet my mind is clouded more than ever. It was the kiss veiling my mind from thinking straight and the burning sensation inside my chest even ignited as I recall how Santana’s lips taste, how warm her intakes of air ghosting against mine, how her nails clawed on my back when she braced herself on my shoulder, the way her brows furrowed when she pulled away, and the tint of red shading her lips when I managed to open my eyes, it was actually in a slow motion and every frame makes my heart leap a beat or two.

Santana never said a word when we were finally back to her room, the walk was actually filled with nerve wracking silence except from the clanking of our heels echoing through the hallway. There was the urge of asking her what’s wrong but I don’t want to get the situation even awkward. Well, maybe I caught her off guard but c’mon we’re about to get married and showing those people that short type of affection would just be the start.

I gulped dryly at the thought, this was just a deal, a billion dollar deal. And I would never let anything comes into my way. And, still I wanted to ask her if that action made her a little uncomfortable and if it did, I wanted to say sorry. She may be a bitch but I know that there’s still something good running on that pretty head of hers.

With a deep breath, I slowly twisted my body completely facing the other direction. Just when I saw that the other side was completely empty, the crumpled sheets hanging on the edge and the light wedging of her pillow next to mine, my mouth fell open realizing that I was completely alone in her room. My palm was pretty drenched as I let it wander the empty space, it was actually a little colder than normal. I pressed my lips together when my eyes landed on the slightly agape door, there was actually the small amount of light seeping followed by the low clattering from the lower level of the house reaching my ear.

Momentarily, I pressed my eyelids before getting up on my feet, hissing when the floor was actually freezing. It’s the light squeaking of the wooden door made me a jolt a little as I poke my head looking for any signs of this brunette and yes, I did saw nothing, instead there’s the soft clanking from the kitchen. It was actually a little odd when I found myself walking down the stairs and when I saw that there’s the shaft of light illuminating the living room through the kitchen I tucked my hands inside my pyjama bottoms before taking a deep breath.

Santana was sitting on one of the stools, glass of milk on her hands. She got her eyes closed and her mouth slightly parted, she even still got her hair a little bit messy. I’m really not sure what exactly came into my mind when I heard myself clearing my throat causing Santana to avert her attention on my direction. There’s the priceless blank expression written all over her face as she scans mine, it actually made my heart almost jump out of its cage.

“Hi.” I waved. Instantly, I shook my head realising what I just did, do I have to wave? Almost tremblingly I shoved my hand back to my pocket before eyeing her once again, just when I saw that she already got her eyes plastered on the glass before her. “Its late.” I informed her as I walked towards the fridge to grab myself a glass of milk.

“You think I’m not informed?” she said with her usual sarcastic remarks.

“Right.” I mumbled under my breath before emptying the glass of milk in one swig. “I’ll leave you alone.” I added almost immediately right after I dried my lips before walking through the door when I heard her clearing her throat.