Chapter 14

“3 DAYS?” Rachel nearly yelled.

“No. Rach, I told you 2 days and a half, that’s a lot of difference.” I instantly said, lightening the frustration she has been feeling that is obviously written all over her face.

“Britt, you can’t.” She shook her head whilst stacking the can of whipped cream.

“Why not?” I scowled.

“Because we gotta stay competitive with those people who just opened up across the street.” She answered angrily, her eyes burning holes on the opposite direction.

“You mean the fruit stand?” I asked with knitted brows.

“Yes, and they’re killing us.” Rachel answered, facing me completely.

“A fruit stand? How –actually forget it. Please, Rach just this one time.” Biting my lip, I took a single step towards her before puckering my lips and giving her my signatured puppy dog eyes.

Rachel sighed before looking at me. “Britt, the customers love you and I for one know that they’ll be looking for you, so that 3-days break is a big NO!” She shook her head for the umpteenth time before returning her attention on the sink.

“What kind of wife would abandon her own wife is such a life threatening decision?” I mumbled with an over dramatic voice.

Rachel may seem to get it for she turned the tap water off. “Brittany, you’ll be setting your welcoming house party. What’s the life threatening decision to be done in there?” She asked accusingly and I just rolled my eyes before crossing my arms over my chest.

“Rachel, everything! Home is the very foundation of a family.”

Rachel’s brows knitted automatically before rolling her eyes.

It’ll be about 2 hours now since I have been begging Rachel to let me have this two days break for Santana will kill me if I’m not going to help her prepare for this welcoming house party and shit.

Just right after Santana’s mom left earlier, Santana was almost throwing a tantrum on how the hell she would manage to have her own house where she can’t even learn to take a look of her own apartment. And that’s not even new.

“Rach, I promise you. I’ll work overtime for like a week just give me this. Please.” I said with a pleading tone.

For a whole minute, Rachel looked at me doe-eyed, like she’s having a battle of thoughts whether she’d let me or not.

“God! Fine!” She sighed and I automatically lunged at her, I mean with her size she almost lost her balance and of course my hands were fast to grab a hold of her shoulders.

“Thank you, so much Rach! I owe you.” I giggled right after giving her one last kiss on the cheek.

“Yea Britt. You do. Big time!”

~

“Is this all you have?” Santana asked when she saw me getting out of my apartment with the 27 of 27 boxes in my hands.

“Yep.” I answered almost right away before dropping the box on the ground along with the other boxes. I even let out a loud sigh before wiping the droplets of sweat dripping on my forehead. That was a short hour since Santana arrive and asked me to pack my things for we have to transfer into our home before afternoon.

It was actually pretty strange to hear myself say, our own home. It sounds so family-ish. And yes, I can’t actually believe I got these things stuffed inside my apartment. It’s a lot.

“Are you sure?”

“Yea, I just told you.” I replied as I sat on the side road.  Santana let an audible sigh escaped her lips before letting her hands ran through her hair causing her tee shirt to ride up an inch or two. Was that her abs? Oh my god. I automatically felt the tingling of my lady loins at the view, my breath hitching on the tip of my tongue and my heart started pounding erratically. This is not good! The last time I saw that it was actually pretty dark and by that moment I don’t think I couldn’t control myself and right now with this lighting? Jesus Christ!