Chapter 2

I made sure that I’ll be here before 9:45, even Mrs Marin was pretty surprised and glad that I was present early in the morning. I can’t even believe it myself, I even woke up 5 minutes earlier than my alarm clock which is indeed unusual.

I can say that I was pretty in a good mood the whole morning, I even gave free whipped cream for my favourite customers and they gave me a tip, of course. The continuous chiming of the door made my heart skip a beat and I just can’t help but whip my head every time it does so. 15 more minutes before 9:45 and I can’t get my heart to stop pounding beyond normal. The shop wasn’t that full compared to the earlier hours which made me relax a bit. 

“Brittany, are you okay?” Sam broke my trance and I just eyed him blankly my head snapping on the door when it once again swung open revealing the same ginger boy yesterday grinning at me.

“What?” I shook my head before giving Sam a questioning look.

“You’re holding the cup upside down.” He stated with a laugh his teeth showing. I slowly wander my eyes downward and I just laughed nervously for yes I’m holding it upside down whilst I’m holding the spatula on the other. “I guess you weren’t okay Britt, do you want me to take over your shift? You’ve been here for like 5 hours. And I don’t min-“

“No.” I cut him off. “I’m fine. I’m totally fine, actually I never felt… this, you know.” I grinned before I shoved the cup against his chest. “An affogato for the old man on the corner, be careful he’s sort of feisty.” I whispered whilst stifling a chuckle on his ear and he just laughed mockingly.

“I think you’re not okay, though.” He called over his shoulder and I just waved my hand gesturing him off before I threw him one last glance sticking my tongue out.

“Santana.” I heard that raspy voice and my head instantly snapped on the counter’s direction and I almost lost a tooth on how fast I was moving shoving Mercedes off the counter to face the Latina I have been waiting for, I even heard the other girl hissing on the floor. Seriously? How did I even manage to forget that? Damnit! Did Sam and I talk for that long?

“What was that?” I nearly yelled, my brows shooting up to my hairline, my lips forming a grin whilst my hand went autopilot grabbing a pen on the corner.

She just laughed before waving me off. “Are you okay?” she giggled taking the phone off her ear.

“I’m ecstatic. What was your order?” Okay, I may have sound a little eager.

Again she giggled and I just held my breath. Why is this even happening? Just the sound of her laughter it’s making my insides flutter and my stomach swirl inside me.

“I’ll take one Café au lait.” She mumbled sweetly with the perfect accent resonating in my ear. Like seriously I have been working here for 4 months now and I never ever said it perfectly, I don’t know I may have a tongue problem or something. And I pretty doubt that, I got no complaints about this! If you know what I mean.

If I thought that was pretty embarrassing, it wasn’t. When I was about to scribble it down, the tip of the pen made an almost inaudible sound against the marble counter and I just closed my eyes wishing that the floor would just wide open and just swallow me whole. Why do I have to be this embarrassing, again?

“Here.” I heard Santana’s voice and my eyelids flutter open revealing her tanned hands offering me a piece of paper.

With quivering fingers I took the paper off her hand and began scribbling her order, what was that again? 

“Santana, right?” I said when I finally faced her. Once again I found myself drowning in those orbs, how deep could that be?

“You got it, Brittany.” She laughed before walking over the other counter to pay for the coffee. And I can’t help but ogle a little on her perfect body, and when I said perfect. It’s freaking perfect! She’s wearing a not too short dress that’s cut off up to her knees and blazer which hugs the perfect shape of her body. And have you seen her ass? Jesus!