Chapter 9

A/N: Update Y’all!

It’s been almost a day since I landed here in Hawaii and still it felt like I’m flying and falling at the same time, that fucking plane would have been the death of me. Just when I arrive last night, it felt like my head was about to explode and right now I can’t even manage to move. I still got my things carelessly scattered on the carpeted floor and my coat hanging on one of the rack by the door. The suite was actually really cozy and welcoming and staying in this room more than a week won’t be problem.

A groan escaped my throat tumbling from wall to wall and my hands went automatic pulling the comforter off of me realizing how raspy my voice went. It’s almost painful when I tried to peel my eyes open, and the seeping of light from the glass window almost made my eyelids burn.

“Fuck.” I hissed to myself when I tried to sit up but automatically, it felt like the room is spinning. So for a moment, I closed my eyes, composing myself. The last thing I remember was when I left Brittany a message. It was almost embarrassing for I really don’t know what to say, my voice was a bit raspy and my endless stuttering was almost annoying, there was the sigh that escaped my lips when I said my last words, and yes there’s nothing wrong about trying.

Maybe?

Whatevs!

After the longest shower in history, I managed to step out the shower stall. Thank god for I felt a lot better compared earlier, it felt like I had the worst hangover this morning, it’s weird. The room was eerily empty and silent aside from the loud whooshing of sea water just outside my window, the breath taking glow of a Tuesday morning here in Hawaii is beyond admirable, I found my mouth slightly open and my eyes almost shining under the sunlight, fuck it. I won’t spend this week with my mind foggy and guilty for what happened with Brittany and I.

I might as well enjoy this. “Hell yea.” I smirked to myself when I finally spun around facing my suitcase, without second thought I unzip the yellow luggage, pulling out one of my bathing suit and I can’t help the smile that linger my lips when it was actually my favourite, and I look smoking in this. Just when I get up on my feet and was about to change, my eyes landed on my phone lying on the round table just beside the couch.

Almost automatically, my lower lip bruised between my teeth. I really don’t know as to why the anxiousness once again flows through me, with a deep breath I finally held the phone in my hand, tapping it open.

1 missed call from Wifey <3

I can’t help but roll my eyes when the green letters reached my eyes I even let a snort echo inside my ear, Wifey? Are you kidding me?

After a second or two I literally froze in my place, my phone squeezed between my fingers almost lethally. “Oh no.” I whispered almost breathlessly when I just realized that I may have changed it yesterday when Quinn was watching my every step.  “Jesus.” I croaked to myself when it hit me a little harder, Brittany just called me and I missed it. “Fuck!” I whined with my brows knitted and the pounding of my chest began giving that familiar coiling in the pit of my stomach.

“Did she call me because she wanted to talk to me? Or maybe she just wanted to say that she’s safe. Or maybe she just rang my phone to inform me she’s not dead in a ditch.” I ramble whilst pacing back in forth, my footsteps echoing inside the hotel room. “Fuck! Why did I miss it? Goooood!”

I can feel the prickle of sweat dwelling on the corner of my brows, the blood drawing from my lower lip and the clamminess of my fingers threading on my dark locks. “What should I do? Should I call her?” I asked into the air as if someone is about to answer my billion dollar question.  “Well, maybe she just dialled it unconsciously, wait is that even possible? No.No. Pull yourself together Lopez! Just call her and ask her if she’s okay, tell her that you’re sorry and you’re ready to start the deal all over again.” A normal person won’t even understand what I just said but for me, it does make sense.