Chapter 5

Enjoy!

“Dinner’s ready!” I heard someone yell inside the kitchen as I tried to keep myself upright watching Santana stroke her hair, her back side facing me, I mean just look at those curves, I’m pretty sure that I’m tired as hell from all the travelling and all but if I get to watch this woman before me, with her perfect body just hanging like that, I can stay like this forever and you’ll hear nothing from me. Nothing.

I was fast to look away just in time she faced me a small smirk plastered on her face, averting my eyes somewhere else. I bet that wasn’t awkward at all. I bet.

“Just be in character, understood?” she reminded me with her voice a little demeaning when she’s finally 2 steps away.

“Whatever.” I shrugged and she just rolled her eyes before walking towards the kitchen, and with my feet heavier than normal I followed her, I was tired after all but when were finally by the kitchen door all of a sudden she stopped her trance causing me to stumble after her, and I can’t help but blush a little when her back side made contact with my torso causing a soft grunt escaped her lips and the same escaped mine.

“Why are you even walking this close?” she half groaned half whisper nearing her face with mine as she threw side glances inside the kitchen where her mom and grandma preparing the long table.

“Is that a crime?” I asked with my voice an octave higher.

For the hundredth time this day she just rolled her eyes, and I just crossed my arms over my chest. If she’s being a bitch then…

“No.”

“Then?”

“Just… don’t walk that close.” She managed to say with gritted teeth, a scowl written all over her face.

“I am not even walking that close to you, you just stop all of a sudden and of course I’ll stumble after you. I mean if you were on the same position you’ll stumble after me too.” I said with the same tone, crossing my arms over my chest.

She knit her brows together like she was analysing what I just said. “You’re not making any sense.” She whispered.

This woman is impossible. Like seriously!

“All I’m saying is that-“ she shut me off with her warm palm meeting my lips and I don’t think I could talk. I just stare at her with wide eyes, again there’s the unfamiliar tightening of my chest as I burn under her gaze. Her palm was burning against my lips and I can’t help the hitching of my breath when she closed her eyes, composing herself. 

“Shut up? Okay?” she trailed and I just mindlessly nodded.

“Is everything okay girls?” Yolanda asked with a grin when she just appeared out nowhere. Santana was fast to pull her hand away and sliding it down, entwining our fingers. This time, I don’t think I can even breathe when my palm hit hers, her skin is burning against mine and I never felt my mind this clouded with different train of thoughts. “What’s with the commotion?” she added with a little smirk tugging on her lips.

“Brittany here is just being cute, stumbling on me and everything.  You’re so cute babe!”

“Brittany, are you okay?” her mom’s voice threw me back to reality that I didn’t notice that I was staring at our tangled fingers this whole time. When I slowly lifted my head I was greeted with Santana‘s annoyed look and her mom’s warm dark eyes.

“I’m fine, Mrs Lo- Yolanda!” I corrected myself with a tight lip smile.

“See mom? Isn’t she cute? You’re so cute Britty!” she said with a perky voice and I can’t help the irritation bubbling inside me. Britty? For real? Is that even a word? I sound like a chip or even worse a bird or something.