Chapter 19

“Please, just please give me an enough explanation why are you wearing that.”

“What? I look hot.”

“Yes you do. And you look like a depressed prostitute who just entered college then got assaulted by your bald professor so you killed yourself.” I muttered looking at Brittany from head to toe. She’s wearing a cute strapless purple dress that cut off by her knees showing her toned legs. That was just a second, but my eyes linger on her breast a little longer than I intended to, and I just hope she didn’t notice that. I didn’t know that they were that big tho. And no doubt that she looks incredibly hot in that clothes but I don’t want that ‘thing’ to think that I’m selling Brittany, my wife. 

“Th-that doesn’t make any sense.” She shook her head, crossing her arms over her chest. “And you’re the one to talk. Like, you look really really presentable in that… outfit.” She added, quirking a single brow.

“Yea, I know I look super-hot in this dress.” I said mightily, getting up on my feet. Before walking towards her direction I let that shaky breath escape my lips for I know that image of her bare legs will mask my imagination with dirty thoughts and endless scenarios in my head.  

Brittany gave me an unimpressed look when I managed to stand beside her in front of the full bodied mirror. “Are you sure you don’t want to get raped?” She asks casually and I can’t help but snicker softly. Because c’mon I’ve wore dresses way more revealing than this. Like way more revealing, when I see myself walking on the subway I can almost see my own ovaries and I never felt so relieved. And this red dress is not that skimpy I should say.

“Don’t worry Britt. I’ve got razor blades hidden in my hair so they won’t get a chance to hurt me or anything.” I smiled, dabbing my little finger on the corner of my eye.

“Do I look okay?” She asks after a second or two.

You look perfect. “You don’t look that bad.” I answered quickly, my eyes wandering her face almost unsteadily. It’s just felt like I’m going insane every time our eyes locked and for a second that feeling of anxiousness is getting underneath my skin every time that laps of blue reaches mine.

“You look really pretty, San. Tho, I have to keep my eyes on you all night, I don’t want those bitches looking at you like they were undressing you with their eyes. As your wife I can be the only one who can do that.” She said with a grin, I can’t help the immediate thumping of my chest when her words hit me almost numbing my whole body. Wait what?

Brittany might have noticed that unusual atmosphere that scattered inside the small space for she cleared her throat, running her fingers through her hair. “I shouldn’t have said that, should I?” Her words exploded inside my ear almost hurting the insides.

“What? That’s funny. Really.” I laughed, averting my eyes somewhere else straightening my dress in the process.

Seemingly out of nowhere, I felt cold and slightly damped fingers encircling around my wrist and when I managed to lift my head, I was met with those laps that I was trying to avoid for a long hour of torture. She got her lower lip tucked between her teeth as she stares at me with big eyes. “What?” I croaked, realizing that we’re so close I can practically see every single freckle on her face.

“Is there something you wanted to ask?” She asks lowly. It seemed like her voice was new to my ear, it was a lot huskier and lower than of normal  and I can’t help but swallow dryly to bring the moisture back in my system.

My eyes blink feverishly when I noticed how hot her breath was hitting my cheeks. “No-nothing.” I stuttered with a sigh.

Brittany subtly bobbed her head up and down and I felt her fingers loosening around my skin, the sudden coldness seeping through my veins at the loss of contact. “Okay.” She exhaled, giving me a small smile and before she even step out the walk in closet it’s my time to hold her by the wrist, stopping her trance.