Seokjin - 17

sorry for the wait

also sorry if it seems rushed

enjoy

***

You thought about Seokjin first. The first kid that you adopted, which lead to another and another, but if you never found him that day...

.....

You don't bother thinking about that.

You could remember exactly the day it happened, the day that became his birthday.

The day you felt worth something

That day started everything

***

You had just recently moved to Korea.

Moving was hard in general, but to a different country was harder. It didn't help the fact that there was a huge language barrier too. It surprised you how you managed to a friend so quickly.

Of course, other than work, you managed to find a nice small apartment complex that was pretty far from your job. You didn't mind, you just didn't have much money to get a car yet. So, you took a taxi everyday and then walked the rest of the way there. If the weather was bad that day, you didn't bother walking and just took the taxi all whole way there.

This day, the weather wasn't too bad. It was getting colder outside of course, but it wasn't snowing so you just decided that it was okay to walk to work just you usually do.

When walking to work you like to look around, seeing all the people and cars passing by. Since it was getting colder, there was a lot less people outside and more cars and taxies on the roads. You didn't really pay much attention to the roads since it got a little dull looking at it, but the one day you decided to look you noticed a little kid trying to cross the street.

You couldn't tell if it was a boy or a girl given the fact that they were wearing pink, but they were walking around with no parent and they looked lost. You just stopped and stared at the kid, watching what they would do next but you felt someone tap your shoulder.

You jumped breaking your gaze.

"Oh, it's you."

It was your best friend Geumhyuk, your only friend at the moment.

"What were you looking at?" He asked.

"The little kid across the street," you pointed in the direction but the kid was gone.

"I'm sure it was nothing, let's head inside." You didn't even notice you were at the building.

You walk inside with Geumhyuk to start the day but all you could think about was that little kid. You've saw them around for weeks, but whenever you tried to get close you were always pushed away.

But, today, you finally managed to get close to them.

You left work early for once and noticed the little kid roaming around again.  Even though you left work early, it was getting dark outside and you just couldn't imagine another day thinking the kid was sleeping on the streets.

You crossed the street over to the where the little one was and gently tapped their shoulder.

They quickly jumped and turned around and just felt your heart sink. It turned out to be a little boy who was all dirty and looked to be around 2 years old.