Court pt. 2 - 28

i hope everyone is staying safe and staying home

this one will be short

enjoy

***

After the recess, everyone was back in court and you were ready to see what Rose was going to do.

"Court is adjourned. So defense, you said you have some more evidence correct?"

Rose stands up.

"Yes I do. Not only the documents my client has gotten, but her friends are also here to testify and have visual evidence that they would like to talk about as well the kids themselves."

"Please, go ahead."

Rose motions for Baron to come up.

"State your name and occupation." The judge said.

"My name is Choi Chung Hyeop and I work in the police force," Baron says.

"So, Mr. Choi," Rose starts, "you asked me for help and what was your reason again?"

"I want to help (y/n). I wasn't there for her the time I needed to be. She made my life better and I will never forget the day of the festival when her son, Taehyung, got lost and was in tears when I brought him back to her. She is a good mother and I really want her to get her kids back."

Everyone started muttering in court, only to be silenced by a gavel.

"Does the execution having anything to say?" The judge asked, but he just looked lost for words.

"With that being said," Rose started, "let me present my first piece of evidence. Each of my client's friends have taken pictures of what the children look like, and I understand, right now they look fine, but let's see what they think."

The first picture to be displayed was Hobi who looked fairly happy but he was called to the stand.

"So Hoseok, how is staying at your parents' house?" Rose asked.

"It's okay," he said, quickly glancing over to his parents.

"Is there anything you didn't like about staying there?"

"Oh, I was very sad at first and my parents kinda ignored my illness but they understand it a little bit better."

"In this picture," Rose points out, "you seemed really happy Hoseok. Why is that?"

"Because I saw JB and I knew I was coming home soon."

The court starting talking and Hobi's parents made a face that his comment.

Rose had no more questions to ask and the execution got up to ask Hobi some questions.

"So Hoseok, you would say staying at your parents' house is better for you? I mean it's quiet, your parents look out for you and spend with you right?"

"Yes," Hobi says. "They do spend some time with me and it is pretty quiet home, but I miss my brothers and my mommy a lot. My parents aren't bad people but it being with them doesn't feel right."

Whatever the execution we as planning backfired due what Hobi said, and sat down quickly as the court was quickly silenced for talking.

Up next was a picture of Jungkook who smiled but it looked pretty fake, and Jungkook was called to the stand. He had to sit on some books to reach the mic.

"Jungkook how is staying at your parents' house?" Rose asked.

"I hate it. I want to back home now," Jungkook said.

"Why do you want to go back home? Why do you hate it there?"

"Because my parents ground me and punish me for getting in trouble in school."

"Why are you getting in trouble at school? It's very interesting that you started acting up in school the moment you had to go with your parents."

Jungkook's mean tone and his face soften as he spoke.

"If I act up in school it'll allow me to go back home with my mommy. I don't like my new home."

The court started talking again and the execution had nothing to say once again so Jungkook was allowed to sit down.

"We will take a 10 minute recess," the judge said and everyone left the courtroom.

"It's so tense in there," Joy said laughing awkwardly.

"You made the execution lost for words," You said.

"All I had to do was ask questions that would give us a straight answer, and the execution could ask all he wants but it wouldn't change the child's statement," Rose said. "He tried it with Hoseok and it failed."

"Yeah he also doesn't seem very confident in himself which makes his side look even worse," Lisa says.

Everyone nods in agreement.

"Will we get our brothers back?" Tae asked.

"I've already told you we will," you said. "We have to be patient. We still have to listen to Jimin's and Yoongi's testimony and then we'll be done."

"By choosing to do them last will definitely pull at people's heartstrings and raise some questions," Rose adds. "Also if one of you wants to testify that's okay too. We need all the help we can get in this."

The 10 minutes were over so quickly and the doors were open and you were back in your seat.

Your kids will be with you soon.