Rock bottom (1) - 22

"Come on guys, you'll be late for school."

After taking a few days off of work, and the kids taking a few off of school, everyone had to go back. Getting them up wasn't loud like it always was. It was quiet and it made your skin crawl.

The ride to school was the worst because nobody was talking. It was dead silent and nobody said a word to each other. After getting to the drop off zone, you said your goodbyes but there wasn't much love behind it. Not as much as you would have liked.

You drove your way to work and let out a shaky breath. Today was not a good day.

***

Jin usually didn't have a problem in school. So what if the kids made fun of him? It didn't faze him because he always looked forward to going home with his family. But now, he felt like he didn't have much to look forward to.

As the bell rang, everyone sat down and the teacher started the lesson. Jin could hear the other kids laugh and make little jokes under their breath.

Jin would just ignore it but he couldn't. The other kids voices just kept getting louder and louder, until he couldn't take it anymore. He wasn't the type to get angry easily but he just felt so angry and he was afraid of himself.

He grabbed his backpack and stormed out the classroom and ran into the closest bathroom he could find. He locked himself into the stall and started crying. He also wasn't the one to get emotional easily but he was just so sad he couldn't help but cry.

He had nothing to look forward to anymore.

***

It was lunchtime and Namjoon was sitting alone. Nobody in his class or in other classes wanted to sit with him. He missed Hobi in times like this. He wasn't there to cheer him up or make him smile. He had nobody.

"Hey, it's you!"

Namjoon looked up to see Jackson.

"Mind if I sit with you?"

Joon shook his head no.

"Cool. Hey, where is your brother? Is he sick or something?"

Joon shook his head no again.

"Okay...why aren't you talking? You didn't say anything in class today."

Namjoon just couldn't find the strength to talk.

"Hey, you can tell me what's wrong. I promise I won't tell anyone."

Jackson held out his pinkie and Namjoon locked his pinkie with his. He told Jackson everything he could. He felt like he could trust him.

"Oh I'm sorry..." Jackson stayed silent for a moment before talking again. "Well you can always hang out with me. We're friends right?"

Namjoon felt his heart flutter. He actually felt happy that Jackson was here and was actually agreeing to be his friend. He smiled for the first time today.

"Y-yeah. We're f-friends."

***

Taehyung was usually a happy kid in his class, always making friends and hanging out with kids, but now all he wants to do is stay inside and be left alone.