A little ray of hope - 24

"Oh...it's you..."

It was that police officer awhile back ago that found Tae when he was lost. You almost forgot about him. (A/N* for the people who don't remember him, go back to chapter 5)

"Hi. It's been a long time."

"Come in."

You motioned for him to come inside. You both sat down on the couch, Jin and Namjoon followed by sitting behind you. Taehyung didn't bother coming downstairs, but he sat at the top, listening to hear what was going on.

"I'm sorry, what is your name again?" Its been so long you couldn't remember.

"I'm Baron," he said.

"Right," you felt a little embarrassed for not remembering. "So what are you doing here? How did you find me?"

"I heard all about your trial with you and your kids," he made a face when he mentioned that.

"You're a little late for that," hearing him say that made you angry but you still felt sad hearing about it.

"I know I am, but I want to make it right," Baron grabbed your hand and held it, making you look at him. "I want to help you get your kids back. What your parents did to you wasn't right, so please let me help you."

You pulled your hand back.

"Why do you want to help me so bad?"

"To be honest, you really changed my life."

"Me? Change your life? How?"

"Do you want to date my mommy?" Jin said, wrapping his arms around you, giving Baron a mean look.

It made you smile at how overprotective Jin is of you.

"No," Baron gave a slight laugh. "You're best friends with Geumhyuk right?"

"Wait, don't tell me-"

Geumhyuk suddenly appeared out of nowhere, giving you a smile and waving at you.

"Geumhyuk? Why didn't you tell me?" You were so surprised, you couldn't wrap your head around it.

"Sorry (Y/N)," Geumhyuk said. "I was going to tell you, but I wanted to wait for the right moment. Baron and I got together a few weeks ago. I didn't stop asking for help with you and your kids and Baron was the only one who would."

You got up and wrapped your arms around Geumhyuk, feeling hopeful for the first time in a long time.

"Thank you so much," you said, feeling yourself about to cry. He truly was your best friend. "Thank you."

"You're really going to help get my brothers back?" Taehyung appeared and asked Baron.

"Yeah," he said. "I'm a police officer and I know your mommy is a good person, so I'll do my best to get your brothers back."

Taehyung wrapped his arms around you and started crying into your shirt. You picked him up and held him.

"I'm so sorry mommy!" Tae cried. "I'm sorry I yelled at you and said those mean things to you."

"It's okay, Tae," you said, holding him close. "No more tears until we get your brothers back, okay?"

He nodded and you put him down as he ran over to Jin and Namjoon and hugged them.

"So we ready to get started?"