Court pt. 3 - 29

stay safe.

short chapter.

***

The screen showed Jimin's smiling face, his smile looked forced and the way his mother smiling face made the picture more unsettling. He was called to the stand and had to sit on some books to reach the mic.

"Jimin how is living with your mother?" Rose asked.

Jimin looked nervous up there, he kept glancing back at his mother.

"Umm it's good," he said quietly.

"Jimin is there something wrong?" Rose asked.

"No..." he mumbles again.

Rose was having a little hard time trying to figure out how to get Jimin to crack. His mother obviously had something to do with the way he was acting and by how nervous he sounded he was afraid to say something wrong.

Rose decided to let the executive deal with things while she had to sit down and think for a bit.

"What's wrong Rose?" you whispered to her.

"There's obviously something Jimin wants to tell us," Rose whispers back. "but he can't."

It was the same deal with the execution, no matter what question he asked his answers were simple and refused to answer anything that would give something away. Rose made eye contact with Jimin and he quickly looked away.

Rose stood up and wanted to ask questions again, this time sure to get something out of him.

"Jimin, look at me," Rose said, Jimin having a hard time doing so.

Rose decided to look at his mother, her fake smile said a lot. There was something in the way she looked with at innocent face of her. Rose decided to do the same.

"Jimin, can you look at me please?" she said, getting closer to him, making sure to stare at him intensely but have a sweet smile on her face.

Jimin looked at her and froze. His face grew pale and his breathing became uneasy.

"Stop looking at me like that..." he said softly, covering his eyes.

"Why what's wrong with that?"

He started shaking and crying. The court room was filled with conversation as Jimin's mother stood up quickly and walked over to him.

"Look at what you did to him," she said, petting his hair.

"Look at what you did to him," Rose said. "You've frighten this poor child, he's afraid of you."

"I did no such thing! I'm a better mother than her!"

"Excuse me?" you said standing up quickly. "I know my son. You obviously did something to him, look at him. He's still shaking."

The judge hit the gavel, silencing the room.

"The two need to sit down right now. The child is done talking."

Jimin left the stand, wiping his eyes and went back to his seat, his brothers comforting him in anyway they could.

"We will continue this tomorrow."

"Wait, I have one more thing I would like to show the court before ending. The last child please."

The judge allowed it and the screen displayed a brusied Yoongi, the court all talked in discomfort and gasped. Yoongi made it to the stand, his head hung low.

You felt yourself starting to cry as Lisa covered her eyes, she couldn't take it either.

"Look at this boy, this child," Rose said to the court. "Look at his bruises, and these are from the parents that are supposed to take care of him. He never looked like that when he was with his mother. This is child abuse."

"I just want to go home," Yoongi says into the mic. "I want to go back with my mom and my brothers. I hate my old home and my parents. I can't take it anymore."

"I've seen enough," the judge says, motioning for the guards to take away Yoongi's parents. They were going to be questioned for sure.

"We are done for today. We will continue this tomorrow."

You left the court room, your heart was heavy and you felt like you had to cry, but at the same time you felt hopeful in some way. It wasn't much, but it was something.

You said your goodbyes to your friends and strapped your kids in the car. You noticed that Rose hadn't left yet.

"Thank you Rose," you said to her.

"Don't thank me yet," she says, "there's still some more I have up my sleeve."

"Thank you," Tae says, him leaning out the window.

"Like I said, don't thank me yet. By tomorrow you'll be a family again, well as much as you can be."

You smiled as you got in your car, Rose doing the same, driving away in the opposite direction and you made your way home.

So that's why you felt hopeful, no wonder.