Had To Have High High Hopes!

CHRISTMAS DAY

BRENDON POV

I woke up. I noticed that it was Christmas Day and I shook Scarlett awake.

She looked at me and groan. Oh god, the baby hormones are coming in so I'm gonna have to deal with moody Scarlett today.

I shook Scarlett awake again, knowing what I could be risking. Then she got up and took the pillow and threw it at me. I picked it up and put it beside her. I climbed onto the bed and kissed her to get up.

She turned to her side and kissed me. Then she smacked me and told me to go away. I pouted and held my face in pain, but it didn't hurt.

She pointed at the door and I put on my bathrobe and trotted outside. I decided to make coffee and pancakes and make a whole fest while waiting.

I went back upstairs to brush my teeth and get into the PJ.

I went into the room and saw Scarlett slowly waking up. "Come on guests are gonna be here soon and we have to clean up for a bit. Plus food is getting cold." I say.

Then the doorbell rang. I helped Scarlett get up and ran to the door to greet who was there. It was my parents. I helped them put their stuff in a guest room.

One occupied many more to go through.
Then Ryan and Poppy walked in. I helped them set the gifts down.

Then more guests arrived and I helped them out.

SCARLETT POV

I was not in the mood to get up. My pregnancy hormones were coming in. I'm glad Brendon let me sleep in for a little bit. I got up and I heard Brendon helping the guest so I went to get ready. After that, I straighten up the room for a little bit.

After I finished, I walked downstairs to be greeted by everybody including my family as well. We all greeted each other with hugs. Then we sat around in the dining room and started eating the feast that Brendon prepared.

Once we finished eating I gathered the plates and put them away. We moved the food onto the counter table to make room. Brendon and I were holding hands under the table.

He started twisting my ring. That's when I noticed that we have to make an announcement to our family.

"Ok, can I get everybody's attention please, so we wanted to make an announcement before we dig into gifts," I said. Everybody faces us.

I holding Brendon's hand and well we were holding each other's hand we put it up.

"We're Engaged," we said together. Everyone gasp and ran to us to hug us.

They all congratulate us and gave us hugs and checked out my ring.

" Okay, okay it's time for gifts," Brendon said.

BRENDON POV

It's time to open our gifts now and it was around 2 pm.

We all sat around the couch. I patted the seat to let Scarlett know to sit next to me. After we got settled in. I handed everyone a gift to open. The first gifts we were to open was from me and Scarlett.

As everyone opened their gifts. It was time for me and Scarlett to exchange each other gifts.

I ripped my gift up as fast as I can and opened it revealing a box. I opened it and it was a watch that I have been keeping my eyes on.

Scarlett opened my gift from me. She opened it and it revealed a box. She opened the box slowly and it revealed a heart-shaped locket. She gasped and opened it.

Inside revealed a side that had our picture in it from our first date. On the other side, it had our anniversary date. July 5th, 2018. Engraved into the locket.

I placed it on her neck and hooked it. She then turned around and kissed me.

All we heard was awweee. We just stopped and giggled. We then returned to open the other gifts.

It was now 4 pm and I decided to cook lunch. Scarlett helped me with the condiments and I grilled the burgers in the back.

Once we finished we ate and I heated up the pool to make it warm and we jumped in.

We chilled there for a little bit and some people left. It was just me, Scarlett and our parents.

Once everybody left, we thought it was a good time to head inside the house and cleaned up.

Scarlett and I dried ourselves off and then hopped in the shower.

Once we finished, we climbed into bed and cuddled with each other, and drifted off to sleep.

This Chapter is a filler. Wait until the next chapter. Well much love 😘