Ocean Eyes [nanase haruka x reader songfic]

(A/N) This songfic is based on Billie Eilish's Ocean Eyes. She's really good please support her 

It was a typical Saturday afternoon and having finished your homework you were lazing around scrolling through your Pinterest/Tumblr/Wattpad ͡(° ͜ʖ ͡°) feed when you received a text from Nagisa.

"[name]-chan!!  Are you free tomorrow? We're going for Karaoke!!"

As an avid Karaoke singer, you were obviously extremely excited to join Nagisa and the other guys for Karaoke, so you hastily replied, " Sure! What time?"

Your heart thumped wildly in your chest from delight. You were going for Karaoke with your best friends and your crush, Haruka!

~The next day~

You arrived at the mall at which Nagisa had told you to meet at and made your way to the Karaoke lounge there. Standing at the entrance of the Karaoke Lounge was Nagisa, Makoto, Haruka and Rei. Nagisa was the first to notice you and yelled excitedly, "[name]-chan! You're finally here!" Blushing, you quickly greeted them back and followed them into the lounge.

Everyone took turns to sing their favourite song and Nagisa, being extremely high, belted out song after song.

Eventually, it was your turn. You scrolled through the song list for a while before settling on "Ocean Eyes" by Bille Eilish, partly because it was your favourite song and partly because it would be like a mini-confession to Haruka. 

I've been watching you
For some time
Can't stop staring
At those oceans eyes
Burning cities
And napalm skies
Fifteen flares inside those ocean eyes
Your ocean eyes

Swaying to the music, you let the familiar lyrics tumble from your lips

No fair
You really know how to make me cry
When you gimme those ocean eyes
I'm scared
I've never fallen from quite this high
Falling into your ocean eyes
Those ocean eyes

No fair
You really know how to make me cry
When you gimme those ocean eyes
I'm scared
I've never fallen from quite this high
Falling into your ocean eyes
Those ocean eyes

Glancing back, you noticed Haruka was staring at you, mouth slightly agape, his clear blue eyes flickering with the light of the Karaoke consol screen. Blushing at his cute awestruck reaction, you quickly turned back to hide your red face and continued singing.

I've been walking through
A world gone blind
Can't stop thinking of your diamond mind
Careful creature
Made friends with time
He left her lonely with a diamond mind
And those ocean eyes

No fair
You really know how to make me cry
When you gimme those ocean eyes
I'm scared
I've never fallen from quite this high
Falling into your ocean eyes
Those ocean eyes

No fair
You really know how to make me cry
When you gimme those ocean eyes
I'm scared
I've never fallen from quite this high
Falling into your ocean eyes
Those ocean eyes

No fair
You really know how to make me cry
When you gimme those ocean eyes
I'm scared
I've never fallen from quite this high
Falling into your ocean eyes
Those ocean eyes

As the song came to an end, you quickly slipped back into your seat. Rei couldn't help but exclaim, "Wow, [name]-san, your singing is really beautiful!" Nagisa quickly chirped, "Yeah, [name]-chan you should be a professional singer! I'll go watch all your concerts..."

Thankfully, the attention soon diffused when Makoto went up to the karaoke machine (i actually don't know what it's called >_<). As Makoto started to sing the song he chose, you felt someone lean on to you. Glancing over, you realised that Haruka had shifted so that he was sitting right next to you. He whispered, "Did you mean what you sang...the song?"

He actually got your little confession in the song! You felt your face heat up and couldn't more thankful for the darkness of the Karaoke studio or he would have seen your tomato-red face. "Um...suki desu*" You stutter before slipping your hands over your face in embarrassment. Peeking out from between your fingers, you see Haruka watching you with a slightly shocked expression on his face. 

You felt like burying yourself in the ground. "dammit. I've screwed up my relationship with him." you couldn't help thinking.

Suddenly, you felt your fingers gently being pulled off your face. Confused, you watching speechless as Haruka laced your hand with his and muttered, almost inaudibly, "I like you too"

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

*suki desu is a way of saying "I like/love you" in Japanese since people don't really openly confess their love :)