prince [makoto x reader]

Tachibana Makoto. A member of the popular idol group, Style Five. An up and rising model scouted because of his innocent, prince-like looks.

[family name] [first name], a relatively new actress, who has gained a large fan base.

================================================================

"Hey, [name] I'm filming a new drama and I think you are a suitable actress to star in it. Come to the auditions next week, 'kay!"

Why did I agree to this? You slapped your forehead gently with your hand with your palm. 

"The actresses auditioning for this role are so much better and more popular than me!" You mutter, exasperated. The odds were clearly against you. Nevertheless, you finger the script in your hands, rehearsing the lines over and over again.  I may as well give it my best shot!

And, strangely, you landed the place for the lead role.

While your manager was squealing over the news, you were utterly confused. How did I even get in? Probably because the director is my high school friend...

"Ne, [name], that model, Tachibana, is acting as the male lead role! I'm so envious!" Giggled your manager.

You didn't think much of her statement, assuming that well, an attractive lead for a typical drama about a love-story would help get a larger audience watching. But damn, you didn't quite realise how charming he was.

Tachibana-san's character was kind and sweet, and you thought that was just him acting out a pretty good rendition of the script and character.

But off-set, he would grab drinks for you, the other actors and the staff, he would help you rehearse your parts and even gave you tips on how to take better photos for your social media posts. He was a total prince, in the drama, and on the sidelines.

Just after a couple of weeks, you'd already developed a straight-on crush on this heartthrob. And that made acting lovestruck in the drama a whole lot easier. 

The directors and staff seriously thought you were so good at acting. You would stutter, blush and giggle so naturally, filming was a breeze. But deep inside, you knew that you were truly in love. Your heart would race every time you saw him, and his sweet smile would send you into a frenzy.

Three months of filming, three months of you acting like a typical teenager in love. And you noticed how Tachibana-san acted around you too. 

Those slight blushes when your hands touched. How he would fiddle with his fingers while talking to you, revealing that he was nervous.

In the drama, you'd confessed to him, and he'd confessed back. At that moment, you'd actually truly, truly meant what you had said. And when he'd pressed his lips oh so gently to your forehead, the red flaming blush that erupted on your cheeks was real. Everything was.

For days after that kiss, you couldn't sleep properly at night. Everything replayed over and over again, and you wished, so hard, that it was real. 

Online, your ship with Tachibana-san was taking over the internet.

[ I wish they would get together in real life! ]

[ honestly, they should be dating in real life. ]

Those comments made you wish you would, too. 

Then one day, after you and Tachibana-san filmed a special additional episode for the drama, the both of you fell asleep, you head on his shoulder, and his head on yours. And one of the staff members posted a picture of it on the drama's social media account, sending Japan's internet into a craze.

You didn't dare talk to anyone without a face mask for a week after that, because you knew any mention of Tachibana-san would turn you into a blushing mess.

Even simple recollections of how Tachibana-san helped you caused to you flush like crazy. 

Like how he stopped your fall when you accidentally tripped over a prop while filming. (That got included in the drama instantly.)

You were heads over heels in love with Tachibana-san and you hoped that you could make your feelings know to him soon.

After filming an interview about the drama with him, the two of you went to hang out at his place. It was quite small, a typical Tokyo apartment, located in an apartment block. You wondered how he survived people finding out where he lived, but you figured out that his habit of changing clothes and wearing face masks helped hide his identity.

Once in his apartment, the two of you chatted for a while before falling into an awkward silence. Faces tinted pink, both of you avoided eye contact.

Then Tachibana-san asked shyly, "What do you...think of me?"

You face flared up, and embarrassed, you covered your face with your hands, muttering, "I think...you're just like a prince...", blurting out the last part, "and I...I like you!"

Flustered, you peeked out through your fingers, only to see Tachibana-san's blushing face.

He moved closer to you, slipping your hands off your face, and gently lifted up your chin so that you faced him. Then he leaned down, your lips connecting in a delicate kiss.

"I wouldn't mind being your prince," he said, as the two of you pulled apart, a soft smile gracing his features. 

"And call me Makoto from now on, [name]"