broken timer [rin x reader x sousuke soulmate AU!]

Soulmate AU in which a timer on your wrist turns zero when you meet your soulmate.

The moment he saw you, he couldn't believe his eyes.

Oh, sweet god, who were you?

And at that moment, he felt a soft, gentle buzz resonate through his body, starting from his wrist. Glancing down, he saw that the timer had turned zero.

00:00

His eyes widened, his mouth slipped open slightly.

Wait, my soulmate?

He was too busy gaping at the numbers on his wrist, not noticing you walking towards him.

Perhaps he can help me find this Yamazaki Sousuke. Kou said he would be here.

Tapping the redhead in front of you, you asked, "Hey, do you know who Yamazaki Sousuke is? I need to pass him this parcel."

Rin looked up, his maroon orbs meeting your [colour] ones, a blush spread lightly across his cheeks. 

"Yeh...sure."

As you walked down the corridor to the dorm room Rin shared with Sousuke, Rin couldn't understand why you seemed so casual, your face had no hint of a blush, you spoke without stuttering.

Do you not know we are soulmates?

Reaching the door, Rin turned the handle, opening it. You peeked your head in, coming face to face with a droopy, teal-eyed brunette. A look of shock streaked across your face, and you almost dropped the parcel that you cradled in your arms.

Ah, how cruel was fate, how cruel was love? It was love at first slight for Rin, but that love was not to be. 

Rin saw with his own eyes, his best friend and the girl he thought he was supposed to be with forever raise their arms, revealing the timers that reached zero at the same time.

A tear slipped from his eye. Turning away, he let the door shut with a soft "thud". From the outside, he could hear the surprised exclamations shared between the two. 

Why, why? What did he do wrong? What did he do to deserve this? You were his soulmate, but he wasn't yours.

It hurt, but what could he do? He stood up from where he had fallen to the ground, and as he headed towards the exit, he realised, no matter how many times he wiped away the tears, they just kept falling, on and on.

--------------------------------------------------------

Ahhhhhhh, my first angst.  I am so sorry for putting you through this please forgive me