mother's day special

Updates have been quite slow these few weeks, but I'll try my best to give you guys great content (I've been like zero motivation and inspiration on these stories).Requests are still open, so feel free to message me if you want me to write anything :)This oneshot's a little weird (like it doesn't really involve you "reader" that much), but it's pretty sweet (at least I think it is), so I hope you'll enjoy it!

==================================================

I guess I haven't been such a good son these years. 

Running away to Australia as a child, coming back so infrequently, not sharing everything with you.

I kept my problems locked up, tried to hide them from everyone, but you noticed, of course.I made you worry so much, didn't I? 

Even when I returned to Japan I stayed at boarding school, barely visiting; then I flew back to Australia right after High School. You must've been lonely. It's been a while since then. I guess those years of hard work paid off. I'm really successful as an Olympic swimmer now, and I hope that you're proud of my achievements too. I just wish I had spent more time with you. 

There are so many things I want to speak to you about, so many things I want you to attend with me. It's strange standing on my own, looking around at my teammates with their parents, being the only one who there's with my sister and girlfriend.

Well, Haru's there on his own. But he doesn't count since he's Haru and his parents are probably somewhere in the stands.

Hey Mom, 

I guess I never noticed how much you did for me. It must have hurt losing Dad, but still, you let me go overseas, kinda 'losing' me for a while too.School fees there must have been expensive too, and back in Japan, Samezuka wasn't exactly the cheapest school to go to either.

You've worked hard for me, and I never really did anything for you. When was the last time I gave you something for Mother's Day? Elementary School? I can't remember. That's pretty bad, isn't it?I just hope you're in a better place now, and please, don't worry so much over me.I'll do my best to make you and Dad proud, so please keep watching over me. 

I've never really said this, but Mom, I'm really grateful for everything you did and I, I love you.

You came back, seeing him kneeling at the butsudan.

Rin seemed like a cold type, he never really expressed his affection openly, and sometimes he could ignore you for days when he suffered from mood swings. But there on the butsudan were two stalks of carnations, neatly standing in a jar. On Rin's face was a solemn, reflective expression, somewhat tinted with hints of guilt. However, as he brought his hands down from a folded position (like when praying) and opened his eyes, a wave of relief washed over him, and a soft smile formed on his face. You knew he had lifted a burden from his heart, and that made you glad.

Rin may seem like an insensitive person but deep inside he's really sweet. He may not grasp the care you have for him in the beginning, but eventually, he'll return it with double the love and gentleness.

==================================================

To all readers out there, do something different this Mother's Day. Our parents do great things and sacrifice a lot to make sure we have the best in life. Even if it seems that they don't care about what we think, just remember that everyone has their blind spots, and we have to accept that our parents may not make the best decisions for us. If you're upset at your mom, or have never really done anything for her before, take this opportunity to do something different. Make a card, say something sweet, bring her out for a nice meal. Show her that you appreciate what she's done, because a lot of times we notice things too late, and when we want to say "thank you", there's no one there to hear us.

sorry about this update, the formatting was really messed up so i kind of published it 10 times so hehe sorry!!