//whipped// ten (last chapter!)

a generous dose of text messages, a sprinkle of hanging out at Sunshine cafe, and a pinch of chilling somewhere a little more private later, you and Kirishima --no, Ikuya (the two of you were on a first-name basis now)-- were inseparable.

To Nagisa, everything was progressing just a tad too slow.
"Like bruh, can't you just confess already?" He whined. "It's been forever, ugh."

You rolled your eyes, acting unbothered, but you couldn't help but pause on his words.
It's been...forever? You wondered. It seemed that you had met Ikuya just a few weeks ago. Your relationship was still in its infancy, and you weren't one to rush things. How long had you been hanging out with Nagisa? Seven, maybe eight years? You needed time to build a strong, trusting bond, and even if your heart told you that Ikuya was the one, your rational mind wasn't just going to rush into a full-blown relationship without careful consideration. Ikuya was quiet, meticulous and considerate, taking note of small details, like how your favourite flavour was [flavour:vanilla/chocolate/etc], and how you disliked [food/item].

He was a sweetheart, for sure.
And you knew it was that perfect blend of his looks, his character, his attitude and his behaviour that tantalized your emotions. Intensely.

But there was hesitation. And fear. 
You usually discussed your day to day adventures, some hilarious moments, and ranted about your annoying teachers with Ikuya. There wasn't much deep conversation, and you definitely didn't ask anything that explored more than a hint of personal issues. And it made you doubt if you should take the first step to further this relationship. Because a confession was a big step. It was a declaration of love, and even if your heart said, "Go for it!" and your brain was giddy with excitement, there was always this cloud of worry that fogged over everything, telling you to wait some more. Telling you had he didn't like you the way you did. Telling you that you were just friends, and that was all. 

After all, what did the heart that popped up beside his name with every notification mean? Was it a joke? Was it real? Was it just an accident- a tap too fast - that time? Heavy, clouded, lurking in your mind constantly was that atmosphere which preceded a thunderstorm. It was uncomfortable, cold and daunting, making you look back around your shoulder at every turn in this maze of romance. Did you take a wrong turn? Are you at a dead-end? You didn't know, and all you could do was trust your instincts, hoping that they were leading you the right way.

Whipped you were, for this certain Kirishima Ikuya, no doubt about that, but at the same time, you wondered if you were doing this right. 

====

Let's just say that after some conversation with your resident, personal, and obviously well-trained love counsellor, Mr Hazuki Nagisa, you managed to get some things off your heavy, love-struck heart. And got some good advice to counter the situation.

First of all, you learnt that Nagisa kind of sucks at giving advice. 

But that was beside the point. What was more important was that you finally came to accept that one, you are seriously, seriously whipped for Ikuya; two, your relationship with Ikuya was pretty solid, considering some people literally hook right up at first sight; and three, if you don't try, you won't know.
Or as Nagisa said, "If you're at the point where it's guys before fries, well, at least try getting the guy, and if it don't work, get the fries."

helpful indeed.

So here you were, having once again, Mr I'm-the-best friend-in-the-world-who-also-functions-as-a-love-consultant, Hazuki Nagisa, who somehow, somehow managed to convince you to dress up and head out with him, only to tell you that he'd set you up on a date with Ikuya.