wallet [ shiina asahi x reader ]

The crowded train, peak hour.

There are so many people rushing about; students with their heavy bags, the working class with their laptops and files, and the normal, everyday you-and-me, heading home.

It's hot, the heat of each body radiating off onto their neighbour, the air-con, whirring away, almost useless.

Shoulders squashed into shoulders, elbows knocking each other.

Ah, peak hour sucks.

Worst still, you're heading to training, your first session at this new location.

A heavy school bag on your shoulder, a backpack with your swimming gear placed on the ground between your legs.

Checking google maps, you realise you're probably going to be late.

"After reaching XYZ station, take bus 38 to your destination (15 min, expect delays)"

That's annoying.

"Now arriving at XYZ Station."

Picking up the backpack, you squeeze through the crowd, half-hearted "sorry"s and "excuse me"s tumbling from your lips.

The platform was crowded, throngs of people heading down the escalators and stairs. Pushed along, you glance at your phone, reminding yourself to turn right at the exit towards the bus stop. Which way is right again?

Tapping your card at the fare gate, you leave the station.

As you head towards the bus stop, you notice a wallet drop from the pocket of the guy in front of you.

Stooping down, you pick it up, and as you look up to call, "Hey, your wallet," you realise the guy was gone.

Puzzled, you glance around for a second, trying to locate him.

It's a person with weird, messy red hair......ah, there he is.

You push your way through the crowd, hurrying after the person.

He walked quickly, weaving easily through the people, and you kind of admired his proficiency in crowd-navigation.

unlike me who is probably making everyone here angry by pushing past them, but if I don't give this wallet back soon, I'm going to be very late for training!

The man, or more so a youth, around the same age as you, as you noticed when he turned around a corner, seemed to know exactly where he was going. Unlike you, of course. I swear after I catch up with him I'm just going to be lost.

Speeding up to a jog as the crowd thinned out, you made your way after him.

"おおい!すみません![ Oi! Excuse me! ]"

Probably shouldn't have shouted that, you regretted letting that statement slip from your lips.

But it did it's job, and the guy stopped, turning around.

"Hmm?" He looked at you questioningly, letting the earpiece in his ear slip out.

Blushing, nervous, you stuttered, "Your...wallet," as you held it out to him.

"Ah," he smiled, a small, sweet one that grew into a slightly sheepish grin as he ran one hand through his tousled hair.

Damn he's cute.

You felt your cheeks heat up.

"Hey, where did you find it?" he asked, staring straight into your eyes.

"Umm, the train station."

His eyes widened.

"That's quite a long walk away...I'll walk you back! I mean if you don't know where to go..."

"No, no, that's alright," you refused, "I'll manage with google maps...oh, wait," You noticed the little red destination sign on your map. "I'm here."

"Huh?" He exclaimed, "This isn't the train station."

"Oh, I have training here at...that pool," You spun around, gesturing towards to the swimming complex.

"Really? I'm training there too! Nice to meet you then, I'm Shiina Asahi," He said, a wide grin spreading slowly across his face.

"Nice to meet you too, Shiina san, I'm [ name ]." You replied, your smile matching his perfectly.