// RAIN // [Shiina Asahi x reader]

五月蝿い もううざい くらいに Cry を掻き消す様な 世界なら 抗ってたいのに 降り出した空の泣き声は透明で 「わかない、もうわかないよ!」を何遍も。

         If the noise of this annoying world drowns out my cries, then I want to defy it. 

         The rainy sky cries out transparently, "I don't know, I still don't know!" over and over.

_______________________________________________________

It was raining again, the heavy downpours, overcast skies, dark, gloomy days.

Everyone shuffled about under their umbrellas, heavy coats pulled over their shoulders, endless complaints about the terrible weather.

As you walked silently back to your apartment, alone, you couldn't help but wonder if the honeymoon period was already over.

Those soft, sweet kisses.

Those painfully gentle caresses.

The way his fingers laced gently into yours.

Had he forgotten you, perhaps?

It couldn't be. It couldn't be.

Not after those sinful words. Those unending "I love you"s. It couldn't be.

Definitely not. No, not after he said, in that attractive voice, that he would put a ring on your finger.

You could still remember it. The way he kissed your ring finger, his lips brushing oh-so-slightly over it.

"Once we finish university," he said.

And you'd taken that promise to heart.

But it seemed now that he was lying back then.

You hadn't seen him in three weeks.

Every text to meet up was rejected.

"I have swim practice."

"I'm sorry, I'm busy."

"We have team dinner that day"

Had he forgotten, perhaps?

What you had done. For him.

The way you slaved every day to pay the rent for that tiny apartment.

Working part-time, to pay for that tiny, piddly room, so you could be in a part of Tokyo close to him.

      /Tokyo sure is expensive, huh?/

How you had deprived yourself of any treats just for that extra $700 to buy that slightly larger bed so the two of you could share it.

You knew you shouldn't complain. It wasn't his fault. Swimming training is hard, and you knew that his university pushed results. And he wanted results too.

You knew it was difficult for the two of you to match your schedules. After all, you went to different universities and so you obviously had different commitments.

But it kind of stung when you saw your friends laughing about with their lovers.

It kind of stung when you sat by yourself in a cafe sometimes, surrounded by couples.

It kind of stung when you stayed up late, waiting for him, but the door never opens.

It kind of stung when all you wanted to hear was his voice, but your phone call is never answered.