//whipped// four

〇〇島 and a lying nagisa

"Welcome to Sunshine Cafe! Here's our menu and I'll be back in a moment to take your order."

You nodded, giving the waiter a small smile because that was all you could muster up after he spoke to you. 

A well-fitted suit, accentuating his shoulders, but not making him look ridiculously broad. Dark green hair, relatively long, styled seemingly haphazardly but still complimenting his overall look. And the way he smiled as he passed the menu to you. He gave off an aura that was confident, but shy at the same time. And that was attractive. 

af.

Every single time the waiter came back, 

"I'm here to take your order."

"Here's your iced latte. I'll be back with your cake in a moment."

"Your strawberry cake."

"May I clear your plate? Was everything alright?"

you could feel your heartbeat speed up. 

You wished he didn't come back to your table so many times. 

But then at the same time, you wished he would keep coming back, maybe even sit opposite you so you could stare at him for the rest of your life.

He was that beautiful. And, his voice? He could pretty much be a character from an otome game.

What was his name again? The name tag said something...something-shima. 〇〇shima. (maru-maru shima). Nope, I'm not going to try calling him that. 

Wait. 

Why am I thinking of this waiter?
I'm here to study. Yes, study. Not fangirl about some hot mysterious waiter and not knowing his name. 

Shit.

You weren't going to head back to your dorm just because you couldn't concentrate in a cafe. The walk and train ride wasn't worth it after doing two pages of revision in about two hours.

I need to focus! You mentally reprimanded yourself. 

Three hours and two more iced lattes later, you were finally done with whatever you'd intended to revise. It was dark now, and the staff were clearing up. A few other customers were finishing their drinks and snacks, and wearily, you packed up your books. 

Heading to the counter to pay, a soft blush ambled up your neck and to your cheeks as that 〇〇shima-san consolidated your spending.
Now that you weren't studying, your mind was free to wander and praise every single aspect of this unearthly human specimen before you.
And the sensible part of you wasn't really pleased about that.

Not wanting to stare at this hot waiter, you dragged your eyes away from his face, your eyes trailing down his shoulders, chest and landing on his hands which were busy pressing who knows what on the till.

Damn. Those wrists. And fingers.

Your cheeks flushed, thinking about whatever sinful things those hands could-- Stop!

Thoroughly embarrassed at your brilliant imagination, you hurriedly turned away, as if this waiter could read your thoughts, and instead busied yourself by admiring the cafe's decor and, admittedly, the other waiters who were busy cleaning the tables and chairs. 

Then it struck you. 

Your dear friend, Hazuki Nagisa, who had invited you here, recommended this place, made you travel for a heck long time so that you could support him in his part-time job, and he, this, wonderful, bubbly, overenthusiastic bastard

Wasn't.

Even.

Here.

If he was here you wouldn't have to endure 〇〇shima's smile, looks, voice, absolutely superior service attitude, because you knew that Nagisa would probably pull some strings and come serve you. And maybe somehow convince everyone that he was worthy of a break, interrupt your study session, eat your cake, order some more desserts, buy a drink, and get you to pay for everything, which to be honest, wouldn't be the best outcome, but it would be better than attempting to forget about 〇〇shima, who if you didn't have any control over whatever shard of dignity you still had after swooning over him for two straight hours, you would have literally confessed to him as he was counting your change.

You were fuming. Oh, Nagisa, you lying, cheating bastard! I'm so going to get yo--

"Uh, here's your receipt and change." You turned back to the waiter, a smile rising up your cheeks, melting instantly at the sights of him, every single drop of anger that you had towards Nagisa vapourising into nothingness.

"Thank you!" You smiled, feeling the heat rise to your cheeks. You turned to leave, tucking the change and receipt into your wallet.

"Wait," spinning on your heel, you turned back and asked,
"My friend who says he works here recommended me to this cafe, umm, do you know him? Hazuki Nagisa. He said he had a shift today."

"Hazuki-san? His shift's tomorrow. Maybe he told you the wrong day?" He cocked his head, answering you.

"Ah, I see. Thanks so much!" You blurted out, giddy with excitement. 

Oh my! My first conversation with 〇〇shima-san! You squealed internally. 

Stop. Hands zipped up to partially cover your face. 

You need to get over him. Fangirling by yourself, in the middle of a street, is not cool, even if no one can hear you. 

[A/N]

〇〇shima | read as marumaru-shima. marumaru is used to represent blanks in Japanese. This is used because this  character's name's kanji isn't very common, so you don't know how to pronounce it.

==
updates will be a bit slow from now on (around once a week at most) because school has just restarted for me and my school has filled up almost every day with tests :) yay!

anyway for the readers who have headed back to school, all the best!

And if you're still stuck at home, remember to take some time off wattpad and other social media to revise a bit so you won't forget everything by the time school starts again :))