//whipped// eight

Perhaps you were too caught up the flurry of your own emotions that you didn't notice Kirishima-san's.

How he would pout when Nagisa and you were shared inside jokes when your drink was brought over.

How he furrowed his brow when Nagisa, once again, managed your table. 

How he wished that Nagisa wouldn't come here on his off days, with you, to eat or study.

How he wanted to slap away the hands of the other staff when you fooled around with them after opening hours.

How he wanted to tell you you were beautiful when you laughed, and smiled, and heck, even when you were focused, studying like crazy.

He knew what this was. Love. Affection. Sometimes, lust. 

And Jealousy. Heavy, a curtain draped over his heart, pulled over, its darkness souring his lips, making his eyes burn, dark, dangerous, intense. 

For how much longer could he smile it away, push it away?

He was the stagehand, his arms straining, his thighs burning, trying to push the curtains away from covering the stage, trying to let the light from behind them flood out, but no, no, sometimes, it was just too difficult, the faulty machine controlling those heavy, dusty layers stronger than he was, closing in over him, enveloping him in an intoxicating brew of 

 love, jealousy and rage.

"Hey Hazuki, is it okay if I do (name)-san's table today? You seem pretty busy today."

Lip pursed, irrational, his tone coming off more aggressive than usual.

It was annoying how at the end of the day you still ran back to Nagisa, seemingly excited.

Was I not good enough? Was my service that bad? Was Hazuki's any better?

Do you like him more than me? Do you find him more attractive? Is it his height? His eyes, how big they are? Do you not find his look childish? His voice? It's squeaky like a five-year-old for goodness sake! Am I really no match for him?

Damn you Hazuki.

You had him tied around your pinky, your smiles would make his heart flutter, your words, your voice, was like something he couldn't get enough of. Every conversation was like his first, the feelings you made him feel were unprecedented. But why did it seem like you were unbothered about him, that you didn't reciprocate those emotions that he was trying so hard to express? And why, why, why was Hazuki so close to you all the time? 

Was he trying to be one of those annoying paper labels on bottles that won't come off, no matter how long you dig at them with your fingernails?

The sight of Hazuki being so close to you left a sick feeling in his mouth.

 Jealousy. Rage. Love.

"Excuse me. Is it alright if I take a break now?"

He wanted to vomit.