//whipped// two

"HEy hEy HeY (name)-chan!"

That familiar, all too excited and bubbly voice once again abruptly stirred you from a well-deserved nap before your lecture started. 

"Yes, Nagisa?" You asked, rubbing your eyes in an attempt not to fall back asleep. Five minutes till class starts.

"Do you want to go to a cafe after school? I'm working part-time there!"

"Sure," You lazily replied, "Is there good coffee?" And for good measure, you added, "If you're the barista, Nagisa, I'm not trusting anything you pour into those cups."

"Hey!" He pouted.

"Don't tell me you're the cashier. There won't be any money left inside tomorrow."

"What! I know how to count money! Anyway, I'm a waiter! The manager wouldn't let me be a barista no matter how much I begged."

"That's a wise man."

"YOu!"

"Pfft, you know I'm just messing around with you, right?"

"So are you going or not?"

"Name. Address. Landmarks. "

"Sunshine cafe, Shinjuku 6 Chome building, on the basement floor. There's a big sign so it's pretty obvious."

"Shinjuku 6 Chome? Isn't that pretty far from the train station? Like a 20 minute walk?"

"It's worth it, (name)-chan! I'll try to get you a discount too, please!"

"Nah, too far. And I need to study too."

"(name)-chan!"He whined.

The soft clicking of shoes on the wooden floor and a flurry of movement as students rushed back to their seats. Picking up your phone, you open the calendar app, hmm, the next paper is in 3 days. I guess studying at a cafe would work. 

You turn to Nagisa, now a lifeless form slumped on the table. Drama monarch, you couldn't help think as you tapped his arm.

His eyes shifted towards you, expectant. You glanced towards the teacher, and when he turned away to write something on the whiteboard, you whispered, "I'll go." The last thing you wanted to happen would be your teacher calling you out for talking in his class, so you put upmost care into ensuring he didn't see or hear you talking.

Who could have expected that vigilance would be rendered totally wasted, because the next moment, your dear friend leapt up from his slumped position, yelling, "Whoop!", and in the process, slamming his knee into the table, creating a resounding "Bang!" This was followed by Nagisa screaming at the top of his lungs, releasing an ear-piercing "Ouch! My knee!" from the depths of his 1.67m tall body. 

The class erupted in laughter as the teacher pointed angrily at Nagisa. Then overwhelmed by the noise in the class, he flailed his arms around trying to get everyone to keep quiet, this action making him look absolutely ridiculous, and the class roared with a fresh wave of laughter. 

A smile tugged on your lips, and you let out a soft laugh as you looked around at the boisterous class, your eyes finally landing on Nagisa, who through his laughter, was trying to sulk as he hugged his painful knee.