the development of love [ rei x reader ]

I . first impressions [name]

The first time I saw him was in class, answering every question thrown at him by the teacher before being banned from answering any more.

He seemed nerdy, the studious type. But there was something else about him. His lean body and muscular arms didn't quite fit in with the "study all day and stay at home type". He probably did some sport, but I didn't feel rather impressed at his intelligence. It was starting to get annoying, the way he knew everything.

Walking out of school, I passed by him talking to a blonde-haired shota who was trying to get him to join the swim club. I heard him refuse but didn't really pay much attention, but I did get his name -- ryugazaki rei.

I'm a swimmer for my school, but I swam externally with my club. Hearing that the school's pool was restored, I was definitely excited,  but it wasn't like I could join them to swim anyway.

After training,  I came across that Ryugazaki-san again. I heard him rant to the same blonde who was trying to court him into the swim club that swimming defied all logic and reasoning, that humans had evolved not to swim. 

And that was what led me to hold an intense dislike for him.

that prideful fool doesn't know the beauty of swimming.

II.  assumptions [ rei ]

I saw that girl in class, staring intensely at me. She seemed to be studying my actions, my physique, my behaviour. It was a little creepy, but then I started to study her too.

She had medium length hair, which was still slightly damp, tied in a loose ponytail.

Her skin was tanned, not very much, but still a lot more than the other girls who wouldn't dare go out into the sun.

She had a lean build and was toned.

Beside her, a small schoolbag and a rather large swim bag.

^^ That's a swim bag

All things pointed out that she was a competitive swimmer.

I didn't dislike the girl, but I found her choice of sport rather disturbing; why would you ever want to swim? It's not beautiful, it's not logical and humans have evolved to live on land so there's no need to swim!

I saw that girl a few more times that day. Along the corridor, at the train station after training.

Over the next few weeks, I heard more about her.

Her name was  [last name] [first name].

She was one of the best competitive swimmers in [country] but had come to Japan as a transfer student.