Valentine's special [rei x reader]

[click the right arrow above to see a cute gif of Rei!  Story inspired by the above video!]

You weren't really expecting much from Rei this Valentine's day since he wasn't really one to act all lovey-dovey. His idea of romantic was kinda like talking to him about a mathematical or scientific formula, but you didn't mind that. He was probably the first person who showed you that high-school math and physics actually had a place in your daily life, and his love for the subject led to yours, as well as an attraction to this certain indigo-haired guy.

"Ne, [name], this is for you," Rei muttered, blushing as he pushed a box into your hands.

"Eh, arigato! Can I open it?" You exclaimed, surprised.

Rei replied with a nod.

Setting the box down on a table, you open it, fingering the soft tissue that hid the contents. 

"Pocky?!"

Pocky was your absolute favourite snack, and you would eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner if Rei didn't constantly remind you to eat healthily and reduce your sugar intake.

But you were now confused. Rei wasn't the type to open a pre-packaged item and wrap it up nicely to give as a gift. He would over-think it (not that that's bad), do lots of tests and make a ridiculously amazing item, all the while applying some concept and theory.

Looking closely at the pocky, you realised that they weren't extremely straight like the commercial one but bent strangely. The chocolate and strawberry coatings also did not all end at the same height. There was only one explanation.

"Rei, did you make these?"

Rei scratched his head awkwardly, pushing up his glasses. "Yeh..." He didn't see very confident in himself.

You pressed further, "How?"

"I read up on baking and the various theories involved, then I made the dough. After conducting scientific research on which dough tastes the best, using Haru, Makoto and Nagisa as the testers, I determined which mixture of ingredients to use. During that time, I also found out the optimal temperature to bake the dough..."

As he continued to explain, you picked up a chocolate-covered pocky stick and bit into it. The stick was crisp but not dry, and the chocolate was the perfect mix of sweet and bitter.

You did the same with the "strawberry" pocky stick. To your surprise, it was actually covered with ruby chocolate and had a delicious berry taste.

"Rei," you said, as you munched on the pocky stick, "these are delicious. Thank you so much!" "But," you wanted to tease him a little to see his reaction, "there's a problem." Rei's eyes widened. "They're not cooked fully."

As soon as you ended that sentence, Rei launched into a full-blown panic. "How could that happen? I tested everything! Everything was perfect and that would make the most beautiful pocky sticks..."

You let out a soft giggle. 

Picking up two pocky sticks, you waited for the right moment before shoving them into Rei's mouth, shutting him up immediately. Tiptoeing, you pressed your lips gently to Rei's cheeks, and whispered, "I was just joking. These pocky sticks are beautiful. Happy Valentine's, Rei."

===========================================

My first Rei x reader! (sorry to all those Rei fans out there for not making one sooner) The first Valentine's day special -- more coming until the 14th of Feb. (▰˘◡˘▰) 

Please vote, comment and follow!