valentine's special [haruka x reader]

Haru liked to cook, after all, home economics was one of his best subjects. However, the type of food he liked was slightly different from the usual selection:

 鯖(さば)Mackerel/Saba

Almost everything he had to have some addition of Mackerel in it. As his girlfriend, you didn't mind it that much, because mackerel tasted good anyway.

However, what got on your nerves was how he added Mackerel to desserts and snacks. Like when he placed thin slices of grilled mackerel on ice cream, or how he mixed mackerel pieces into the whipped cream when making cream puffs.

Haru had told you that he was making something for you this Valentine's Day, to which you replied with an excited squeal, but also a slight nagging thought that he was making something mackerel flavoured.

The day before Valentine's Day, Haru had instructed you to leave him alone, which you gladly accepted, deciding to hang out with a few of your friends and shop for a gift for Haru. While you were out,  Haru started making the tart he had decided on: "Tarte au Chocolat Mont Blanc" [translation: Chocolate Mont Blanc Tart]

It took him pretty darn long to make the tart, having to first bake the spherical base, the filling of the tart, then the hardened cream for the top and lastly the whipped cream.

Thankfully, you were out from the morning to late afternoon, and Haru had enough time to make it. Anyway, he wouldn't have to show it to you until the next day, but he was still glad that he finished it without you seeing what he was making. 

Although you knew he was cooking something for you, Haru still wanted the item to be a surprise.

The next day, Haru had brought you swimming -- he claimed that it was romantic -- before the two of you went to your [favourite Japanese food] shop. 

By the time you got home, it was almost evening. You quickly grabbed your gift, passing it to Haru. A flicker of surprise flashed through his face as he unwrapped the present.

"Hokkaido Premium Fresh Mackerel"

His eyes lit up as he read the packaging, and you were sure he was probably the only person who would be genuinely excited to receive this gift. "Arigato, [name]," he said, a small smile gracing his features.

He stood up, walking towards the fridge to place the mackerel in it. You watched as he lifted out a small, opaque box, placing it on the kitchen bench. 

He beckoned you to come over and you hurried over, excited and curious. 

"Open it," he instructed, and you very carefully slipped off the lid.

Inside was a cute, caramel coloured tart. You were shocked. The tart looked like one from a high-end pastry shop, and you were sure that it had taken Haru many, many hours to painstakingly make it.

"I actually made some more, but they all broke or failed," he said, slightly embarrassed, as he passed you a dessert fork. "Please try it."

After placing the tart on a small dish, you snap a few photographs then carefully push the fork into the tart, breaking off a small portion.

Placing the dessert into your mouth, the bitter taste of the chocolate melted with the sweetness of the cream left you wanting more. You couldn't help but exclaim, "Haru-chan, this is really good!"

Haru's face flushed, but his stoic expression remained and he told you, "Stop adding  -chan to my..."

You pushed a piece of the tart into his mouth, getting an annoyed expression from him.

Noticing that the tart contained some cream, you swiped a bit out with your fork, tasting it.

Previously, as you ate the pastry, you joyfully thought, finally Haru didn't include Mackerel in something! 

However, as soon as you tasted the cream, the flavour of mackerel overpowered your mouth. It seemed that Haru made up for the lack of mackerel overall in the dessert by making the cream saturated with mackerel flavour.

You shot Haru an unamused look, which to he replied with a cute smile.

Wrapping his arms around your [size] frame, Haru muttered, "幸せなバレンタインデー" [happy valentine's day], stopping you from complaining about the cream as you blushed uncontrollably from Haru's sudden affection.

=====================================================

The second part! Hope you enjoyed it! Please vote, follow and comment!