Chapter 14

(This part of the song hurts me so much so I know it'll fit this chapter

(This part of the song hurts me so much so I know it'll fit this chapter.)

***

***

Good thing my mentor understood me and let me perform the way I wanted to. He already gave a heads up in the conductor of the orchestra who will accompany me regarding the changes.

My chest still feels so tight I don't know if I can be able to finish my performance but the hell with it. I am a performer, I should act as one and deal with it professionally.

"Hyun mi, I'll be in the audience cheering for you," she smiled carrying my bag with her.

"I told you Jimin will come. He's on the third row, center isle," she said running out the door.

If only she knew what happened.

I don't want to get my hopes up again. I'm still hurt by what he said. He was just playing with me and who am I to even think he likes me?

I'm nobody, he'll never want to be with someone who's weak.

Tears threaten to spill again but I shake my head and took deep breaths.

My voice is still not back. I pinch the bridge of my nose not being able to focus well. I should be nervous by now but my head is still dwelling on what just happened.

Snap out of it Hyun mi!!

"Jeon Hyun mi, you're next," the staff called for me.

"De," (yes) I answered following her to the backstage.

She handed me my violin and I thanked her.

Out of instinct, I searched for Jimin in the audience. Surely he is there seated with some of his friends. I saw Ji ni sit on the first row.

"Thank you Lee Chan mi for that wonderful performance," the emcee said now walking on the center.

The orchestra is now getting ready for my performance.