Chapter 29

***

***

"Well shit sherlock," he said as he chuckles to himself.

"I know right?" I said faintly smiling.

"How about we just make a name for you to just avoid letting them know?" he said giving me a mischievious grin.

"Oh yeah?" I said as I pull my knees up on the bed.

"Let's just call you Yumi then?" he offered

"That makes sense," I said as I agreed to him. Now I don't regret spilling the tea to him.

"Yumi it is," he said nodding.

"We should do a collab when you debut," he said opening one of my folders.

"That's a great idea!" I said my mood lightening up.

"Did you compose all these? These lyrics are deep," he commented as he reads one.

"Yeah, I've been writing songs on my free time,"

"Oh by the way, that Jennie Kim interests me," he said as he closes the folder.

"Really? She's a savage too, like you," I grinned

"I like her," he nonchalantly said as if he just didn't say anything serious.

"Shincha?" (really?)

"Shh," he shushed me making me smile.

"Ohhh, Yoongi oppa just admitted he has a crush on someone!" I said louder than what I intended.

He was about to retaliate when Taehyung came and called us out saying we should be eating the chicken before it gets cold.

Yoongi is surprisingly a warm person. I smile to myself as we exit my room.

---

This group is really something, they make any simple gathering, a party. I was literally tearing up watching them sing and dance. The karaoke is currently on play as me and Yoongi just sits here and watch them.

"Yah! Jungkookah, you haven't introduced us to your sister and we're already drunk here!" Namjoon said as he puts down the mic.

"Yorobun, (everyone) this is my sister-"

"Yumi!" Yoongi continued and looked me smiling.

"Yumissi!!!" everyone cheered.

"Ah molla! (whatever) it's just the same thing," Jungkook slurred.

"Thanks," I mumbled at Yoongi.

"You owe me," he laughed.

The rest of the night was really fun. I got to know them well and got pretty close to them easily. I silently thanked the gods that Jimin didn't came. It would be a riot if that happened.

°°°

I woke up to another doorbell, I looked at my bedside clock and it says 7 am. Just about time for me to get up.

I walked to the door and received a package. Probably my new phone.

I thanked the guy and closed the door. Everyone left their phone numbers before they left last night.

I opened the new phone I had on hand and started saving their numbers.

I went back to my room and put my old phone to the bedside drawer and got on the shower quickly.

I quickly cleaned the mess from last nights karaoke party making sure that my apartment is clean before I leave.

After doing all the cleaning, I got changed, picked up all the important things I needed.

I grab my luggage and looked at my apartment for a while, lingering at the memories I had here.

I'll be here in two years.

I'll be better than ever.

Just you wait Jimin and I'll let you feel what it's like to be surprised.

The company's car is already outside waiting for me.

"Have a safe trip Hyun mi, we'll contact you once we've finalized your group," manager said.

"De," I said bowing.

---
Note: Any phrase that would be in bold letterings beyond this point will be spoken in english. Imagine the other words in Korean.

"5, 6, 5, 6, 7, 8," my choreographer counted as the music starts.

It's been 6 months now since I've arrived here in the US and I've already became familiar with everything.

Tae have been in and out of the country to visit me. He's been invited to fashion shows lately and we've gone so close to the point where everyone has been asking if we are dating.

We just laugh them off though.

"And, stop!" Claire said as she picks up her water bottle.

"I don't really understand why YG sent you here when you're already good at everything. YG sends trainess here to improve their dancing skills but you can even pass as a trainer here," she said while sitting down on the floor grabbing her phone that was plugged on the socket.

"Well then just let me train all the other trainess. No one will know," I said earning a laugh from her.

"If only that is possible," she said scrolling through her phone.

I sat down beside her and starting to type a message to Taehyung if his guesting is already done.

"Man, this sucks," she said ckearly disgusted while reading an article.

"Is Korean beauty standard really that harsh? I mean look at this, this poor idol has been dieting too much. I think it's not healthy anymore," she showed me her phone.

It's Jimin's before and after photo. Why the hell did he do that?

His hair is now blonde.

His chubby face is no longer visible. His jaw now very stark.

"Oh my god, Jimin," I blurted out in concern.

"You know him?"

"Yeah, kind of. What did he just do?"

"It says here he's been dieting too much. He even fainted in one of their concerts because he haven't eaten anything that day. Man that must be hard,"

"Lemme read,"

She gave me her phone and I started reading.

He's insecure of his chubby face and voice? Why the hell would he be insecure of those?

He's fine to me.

This is ticking me off. No one should go through this. No one should ever feel they needed to do this and that just to be called beautiful.

I didn't know Jimin had those insecurities.

"But admit it, even though he took the wrong route, he looks so freaking hot right now. I mean look at him move though. This kid knows how to use his body," she said as soon as I gave her back her phone.

I just nodded at that and tilted my head to the side.

Yes, I know he took dieting way too hard but him looking like this now make me feel things in the pit of my stomach.

Even though I am here, far away from Jimin, he still affects me without him knowing.

I am so concerned about him right now I might fly back.

•••