Lost, But Now I Am Found

"No! Are you out of your mind?" Draco said to Pansy in a loud whisper. How had Pansy found out about him and Harry? Had little miss Perfect AKA Granger tipped her off? It had to have been her. Draco felt like fainting in that moment. His heart was beating so fast that he could feel it in his neck.

"Ah ha! There really is something, then! And I will make sure to find out!" Pansy sneered.

Draco felt as if an enormous weight had been lifted off his shoulders. So Pansy didn't know what was really going on. But the problem persisted: she still knew something was up and, knowing her, she'd be well determined to know what Draco had been hiding all along. He couldn't let that happen, that would have ruined his life.

"You just mind your business." He said in a menacing tone. This wasn't the first time he told Pansy that. He wondered if ordering her to stay out of his business was a way to make her even more interested in that matter.

The Slytherin girl looked like she had been slapped across the face. "No, Draco, I am done! I will get to the source of your strange behavior and everyone else will know, too." Having said that, the girl went back to her cauldron. "You just try." Draco said, more to himself than to her.

So, it was obvious that something was off with him, at least to those around him. Surely Blaise had informed Pansy of Draco's continuous absence in their dorm, the bastard. There was no chance, though, that they could ever know the truth, unless Granger woke up one day and decided to sing like a bird. No, she wouldn't do this to her best friend, Draco reassured himself.

********************************

That afternoon, at lunch time, the new couple decided to use their meeting place for something different: a date.

The Room of Requirement didn't fail to deliver expectations. There was a table, dressed in a very elegant table cloth, an emerald green one that sported a Slytherin patch.

On top of the table lay two scarlet and gold plates, suggesting Gryffindor. At the center of the piece of furniture stood a large bottle of butterbeer , whose label said 'for the happy couple, Draco and Harry'. Both glasses had the Hogwarts crest printed on them. Next to the bottle were two lit candles, both vanilla scented, which were white with golden finishings.

Draco noticed that the whole room was decorated with Gryffindor and Slytherin flags, so much so that it looked like a Quidditch match was in order. There were also paper hearts and petals scattered all over the floor and table. The chairs were two large maroon poufs with the Hogwarts crest sewed on. He mentally applauded the room and its creator for the artsy view.

"It looks cool, doesn't it?" Harry observed with a smile. Draco nodded. The younger boy put his arm around his shoulder and massaged it a little. Draco wasn't used to affection, but he relaxed immediately. He had been stressed all morning because of Pansy and this surely felt nice, so he proceeded to hold the hand on his shoulder. They stood like that for a while, the time it took for the food to appear. When it did the pair went to sit on their poufs. Harry sank too deep into his, so Draco had to help him up. It all ended with a laugh and a 'thank you' kiss.

The food they ate was a little different than what the elves usually offered, it was burgers. In all his 18 years of life Draco had never had a burger before, it sounded too muggle-like for him.

Harry must have noticed the boy's puzzled expression at the sight of it, given he chuckled softly. "Oh, don't look at it like that- I can assure you, it's really good. I asked the elves to make us this special muggle delicacy- and a cheap one, too- so that our first date could have a bit of my old traditions, hoping to deliver a new one for you... and to introduce you to Muggle food, really." he added, smiling. Draco gave him half a smile, he wasn't too convinced, but changed his mind the moment he bit into his burger. Harry enjoyed looking at his boyfriend digging into his food, emitting some moans of pleasure. "This is afmafing!" Draco said in a muffled tone and it reminded Harry of Ron whenever food was put in front of him. The messy haired boy grinned. "Told you you'd like it."