Weasley Christmas Tales

When the Hogwarts Express arrived in King's Cross, the two couples were among the first people to get off the train. But they couldn't go to the Burrow just yet, as they were supposed to apparate there and Luna and Ginny, being sixth years, couldn't do it on their own.

Therefore, they could only do the side-along apparition.

"I'm not apparating with her." Harry said, referring to Ginny.

Hermione rolled her eyes at him. "I volunteer to apparate with them." she said, then she walked to the girls. Ginny was visibly tense as she saw her approach.

"Take my arms, you two." Hermione ordered. 

Luna linked her arm with hers, smiling. "I love apparating. It's so cool, it makes you feel like you're stuck in a vortex of fun."She said. The bushy haired girl giggled at her excitement.

Hermione noticed Ginny's uneasiness, so she turned to her. "Hey, Gin, it's ok. I'm not mad at you anymore. I can see that you regret what you did. And soon, Harry will come around."

Ginny nodded, then she grabbed her arm.

The three girls apparated, Luna screaming of joy.

Ron followed suit.

Harry and Draco, though, were still on platform nine and three-quarters.

"Babe, are you ok?" Harry asked, since his boyfriend looked like he was about to pass out.

"Yeah, just... a bit anxious." Draco said. His anxiety hadn't left him, on the contrary, now that he was about to go to the house of a family who didn't see eye to eye with his, it was increasing by the second.

"Well, if it makes you feel better, I'm not that relaxed, either... with Ginny and all... and I feel like I'm introducing you to my parents, really." Harry chuckled nervously.

"Ah, fuck it." said Draco, turning around to face his boyfriend. "Who cares what they say? All that matters is we're together." He then offered his forearm for him to hold.

Harry grabbed it with a smile and repeated, "Together." Then, they disapparated from the Platform.

*

The six of them were all outside the Burrow, now.

Luna was not over the apparition yet, as she was jumping around contentedly.

Ginny had to fight the urge to grab her and kiss her.

"Mum, it's us! Open up!" Ron shouted.

It was Bill , the oldest of the Weasley children, who opened the door. "Hey family!" he exclaimed, with open arms.

Ron and Ginny accepted the hug invitation.

"Hey, bro!" Ron said happily. "How are you? How's Fleur?"

"Oh she's fine." Bill responded. "She's helping mum with some preparations for tomorrow." His attention then settled on the others. "Hi Hermione, Luna! And of course, Harry!" Bill shook his hand. He didn't seem to have noticed Draco, so it was Draco who greeted him.

"Hi, Bill, right?" he said.

"Oh, right, hi, Malfoy." Bill said, no emphasis whatsoever. "So it's true, then? You're together?"

Harry nodded, then everyone entered the house.

Draco had never seen it from the inside before. It looked definitely old, he observed, but it had that atmosphere of cosiness that he could not ignore. It looked much like the tree house that he used to have in his own garden as a kid, for there was a lot of wood on the walls and ceiling.