Nargle Eggs

The writing on the howler read 'Draco Malfoy, Muggle City' and, although there was no sender's name, it was obvious that it was from Lucius.

"Yes, this is from him, I'm sure. That was our owl." Draco explained.

His father knew that he was in a Muggle place at the moment. The howler would have been ruthless. Draco felt panic overrun him.

"I think it's best if we open it at home." Hermione suggested.

After paying for their drinks, the four of them rushed to the Grangers' house, fearing that the howler would burst.

Once in Hermione's room, the girl cast muffliato so that the noise from the screaming letter wouldn't bother the other inhabitants of the house.

They sat on her bed, all gathered around Draco.

The Slytherin was as nervous as can be. This was the first contact with his parents in four months. Sure, it would not be positive, but, at least, they remembered that they had a son.

As he breathed shakily, his lover squeezed his hand tightly, trying to calm him down, telling him that he was there, next to him.

With no further hesitation, Draco tore the envelope open.

"Draco Malfoy, your mother and I are thoroughly disappointed in you.

We learnt that you will be spending Easter in a house of mudbloods, in a muggle city."

Mr Malfoy's amplified scream was so loud that all four of them jumped back, startled.

Draco's face whitened and all he could hear was the sound of his racing heartbeat, which was louder than his father's voice.

"How dare you dishonor us this way? Apparently, being an abomination wasn't enough for you."

Harry couldn't help feeling bad for his boyfriend, who looked like he would faint at any minute.

He felt blinding rage come over him at the sound of those appalling words.

Lucius had no chill, really. He had left his son for dead, what was the point of sending him such a humiliating letter after months?

"This is not the real you, our son we knew and loved would have never accepted such invitation.

You are being brainwashed by Potter's lot, we demand that you drop this act and sort out your priorities, if you care about your family.

Otherwise, you will suffer the consequences of your betrayal.

-Your Father, Lucius Malfoy."

After the last sentence, the howler self destructed, leaving its shreds on Hermione's bed.

No one spoke for a while. Draco seemed to be unable to produce a sound.

It was all too much for him. If he had to make peace with the loss of his parents, receiving a threatening letter didn't help. What were they trying to obtain?

The silence was eventually broken by Harry's voice."What the fuck do they want?"

He was irate.

"I don't know..." Draco murmured. His voice came out broken. He suddenly felt nauseous, his head was spinning as though he had been running around non-stop.

"He's... he's the one who brainwashed you." Harry said in a dry tone.

His boyfriend gripped his shoulder for balance as he felt like he was going to fall from the bed, headfirst onto the floor.