Ear Gloves

Chapter Warning : girl on girl, NSFW

The next days went by pretty fast, in a blissful motion of things. They were filled with backyard Quidditch, snow ball fighting, hot chocolates and muffins. 

On New Year's Eve, though, Hermione had to leave, as she had promised her parents she would spend that day with them. Ron didn't go with her, as he wasn't ready to meet her parents just yet. 

He didn't feel like leaving Harry in his mother's grasp without him, anyway. 

Draco and Harry were happy to find out that Percy had an urgency at work,  so he had to rush to The Ministry and couldn't stay any longer.

Now, they had the room all to themselves.

Bill, Fleur, Xenophilius, George and Angelina had to leave, too, so that the only people left at the Burrow were Mr and Mrs Weasley, Ron, Harry, Draco, Ginny and Luna.

Molly had a very special New Year's Eve planned.

She had organised a wizard's chess tournament. It had to end before midnight, though, and the winner would be granted a special gift.

Right after dinner, Mrs Weasley pulled out a heavy, old set of Wizard's Chess out of a box. As she placed it on the table, it blew dust everywhere.

Only a few months before, Draco would have been disturbed by the dust, but in that moment he didn't seem to mind.

The first match was played by Arthur and Molly, who knew the set very well.

Everyone watched, holding their breaths as the chessmen ruthlessly destroyed each other. 

In the end, Molly was a triumphant winner-- she won 5 times in a row against Ginny, Draco, Harry and, in the end, Ron.

The only one left was Luna. Molly was sure that she would beat her as well.

After infinite plot twists, the winner was Luna, much to the surprise of everyone. 

The special gift was a pair of hand knitted gloves, that Luna promptly wore on her ears.

It was still early, there was still an hour left to midnight.
They would have done the countdown in the garden, as they were going to watch magic fireworks, courtesy of George.

--

After Wizard's Chess, Harry and Draco moved to their room with Ron, as  he wouldn't stop moping around because of Hermione's absence.

"I mean, Mione had to go to that stupid muggle teeth doctor party just to please her parents, 

couldn't she just say no?" He whined, as he was pacing the floor.

Draco was sitting on the bed, while Harry was on his lap.

"Well she hasn't seen her parents in four months, can you blame her?" said a nearly exasperated Harry. Although, neither he nor Draco could have possibly related to how she must have felt.

"Yeah, but... I mean, this is a special occasion... You say maybe I could have gone with her? It's not like they invited me or anything." Ron complained. Sometimes, he was worse than Hermione when it came to sulking.

"Worry not, you will see her soon. Why spoil New Year's? When you meet again, you will have a lot of cool stories to tell." Draco reassured, giving him a comforting smile.

Ron stopped walking and gave him a look. He was right, there was no denying in that, but he was right there, in his house, alongside his boyfriend.