The End Of All Things

A Year Later

It was a warm evening in the middle of August. Harry was in his bathroom, getting ready to go out.
He was shaving the muggle way, as he thought it was easier than the magical way. That was the only good thing that his uncle Vernon had taught him, he reckoned.
Harry wanted to look perfect for the occasion of the day, so he also proceeded to pluck his eyebrows.
Auror training had boosted his confidence, so he had become very interested in always looking his best.
His hair, however, wouldn't collaborate. He wasn't able to tame it, unsurprisingly.
"One day." He said, pointing his finger at his reflection in the mirror.
"Are you talking to your hair? Oh, not again! We're late, babe, for goodness sake, hurry!" An annoyed voice said, along with a loud knock on the door.
Harry rolled his eyes. His husband was always so obsessed with being on time, so much that they would always be early for events.
"I'm almost ready!" He shouted back.
"Like hell you are! I mean, why do you even have to lock yourself in?" Draco groaned in frustration.
"Oh, well, because I always want to surprise you." Harry replied.
It was Draco's turn to roll his eyes now.
His beau was obsessed with surprises. Even their flat had been one. Draco hadn't got a clue of what it would have looked like.
He had first set foot in it blindfolded by Harry's hands. Once the other boy had taken his hands off his eyes, the former Slytherin's mouth had dropped very low.
It was what he had always dreamed about. A house that looked a lot like his common room at Hogwarts, but it was also quite chic. Plus, it was complete with a "brewing room" that Draco could have used to practice his potion making - his dream career was to become a potionist in Hogwarts. The place even had a small room for Viridis.
"And besides, I don't think Ron and Mione are going to murder us if we're two minutes late!" Said Harry while unlocking the door.
He came out looking extremely posh. His hair was drenched with gel, but it still looked a mess.
"Ah, is this the surprise? You look like you're going to a wedding. You look even smarter than you did at your own wedding." Draco observed, after giving him a long lasting glance.
"You like me elegant." Harry shrugged.
The blond could only sigh in response.
"I like you even when you look like trash - which is every day." He joked.
Harry did the thing that his husband always found cute; he pretended to be offended. He gasped loudly, crossing his arms.
"Hey. I would like to trade my hair with yours so that you could see how hard it is not to look like a homeless man!" He snapped.
Draco giggled, all while putting his arms around his neck. "You're so cute when you get all fired up about your hair. I like it untamed, it's kind of hot." He said.
"You're awful, why did I even marry you?" Harry playfully said. He wrapped his arms around his lover's middle while saying so.
"Because I'm awesome." Draco responded. He then placed a chaste kiss on his husband's lips.
Harry could only agree with it.
After they parted, they disapparated to Ron and Hermione's house.

-

It was Ginny's birthday, so Hermione had offered her spacious flat that she shared with her husband and son to host the party.
Luna and Ginny had just finished school at Hogwarts and they were still living at home with their respective parents.
Luna had recently got a new family member, Miss Sivan had become her father's girlfriend, so she had moved in with the Lovegoods.
Their last year in Hogwarts had been good, quite calm, but it had felt too weird without their friends.
Ginny was often alone in her common room, but she had managed to make friends with some girls from her year.
Sometimes, when she and Luna would go study under the big tree, she would turn around, laughing, thinking that she was addressing one of her friends.
But, then, she'd always realise that she had been talking to no one.
It hurt, but she managed to get through it, as well.
The day she turned nineteen was very special to her, she would see her friends and brother again after months.
The last time had been for Draco and Harry's birthday in Hogsmeade, that they celebrated on the same day.
When the two girlfriends saw Ron and Hermione again, they screamed of joy and almost tackled them to the ground.
Luna's grip on Hermione was really strong. She had missed her dearly.
Ron flew his sister in the air for how happy he had been to see her. They had become closer over the last year and they had developed a very sweet friendship.
Ginny was also very excited to see her nephew, little Hugo, who was now six months old.
The little toddler had fiery red hair, just like his father, and Hermione's brown eyes.
He was now able to crawl, something that his mother defined a nightmare.
"Oh, he's become such a pest. He's uncontrollable, I swear I almost tripped on him once." The brunette whined.
"Aw but he's just so cute!" Ginny squealed, then she picked her nephew up from the ground.
"Wow, he's got heavy. And bigger!" She observed with a giggle.
Hugo was really chill with his aunts, even if he didn't see them too often.
"Ah give him to me now! I want to hold him and smell his head. Babies always smell good." Luna tittered.
The redhead reluctantly passed him to her lover.
Hugo definitely liked Luna more than Ginny, he loved playing with her butterbeer necklace.
"Oh this must be them!" Said Ron, after he heard a loud "pop" coming from the entrance hall.
"Guys, you're late!" Said Hermione as she rushed to the door to see her friends.
"Hey Mione!" The two husbands said in unison, ignoring her reprimand.
"Where is the Birthday Girl?" Said Draco, looking around to see if he could find her.
As soon as Ginny heard their voices, she sped to where they were standing and pulled them both into a hug.