Farewell, Hogwarts

As the last remaining weeks of Hogwarts life passed, Hermione's secret was kept safe among her friends. Ron had no idea about it and resigned from looking more into his girlfriend's strange behaviour- he simply blamed it on school matters- or, at least, so it seemed.

The NEWTs hit the four graduates like a tidal wave. It was a week from hell.

In the days prior to them Hermione didn't sleep much, too busy revising herself to death.

Draco and Harry's alone time was mostly dedicated to mock tests and quizzes.

Even Draco's birthday was celebrated quietly and quickly -however, Harry promised to do something special in the Summer to make up for it.

When the exams were finally over, no one really knew if they had passed- well, except for Hermione- but still, they were immensely relieved that it was finally over.

But, every rose had its thorn.

The end of the difficult exams meant that soon it would be time to leave Hogwarts permanently.

The last day of school an outbreak of sadness spread throughout the people attending their final year.

Harry's gloom was so much that he was able to make it rain on himself temporarily.

"I can't believe this is our last day." he sighed after drying his hair with a movement of his wand. 

He and his friends were in the Gryffindor common room, sitting on sofas, their trunks standing next to them, ready to go. 

Draco and Luna weren't there; they were in their respective Common Rooms, preparing for the imminent detachment.

"Speak for yourself! Luna and I have one more year!" Ginny pouted. She wanted everyone to think that she wasn't in love with the idea of spending yet another year in that school, but the truth was that she was happy to come back in September. However, it would still hurt to study under the big tree without the gleeful company of her friends and her brother.

"Can we trade, Ginny?" Harry joked, although there was nothing playful in his voice. He would have given anything just to spend another year in the place he called home.

"I'm Ok with it. I feel bad for the girls." said Ron, shrugging. 

Hermione rolled her eyes at him. "Why must you always be so insensitive, Ronald? We have so many memories here!" She scolded.

Ron had to admit that his girlfriend had a point.

When he'd first set foot in Hogwarts, around eight years before, he was delighted to begin this new adventure. He'd had fun, during his first year. He'd met his best friends for life and had finally been able to experience the things that his brothers spoke so fondly of. He had also risked his life a couple times, once with a three-headed dog, once with a Devil's Snare... and his experience with Norbert wasn't too jolly. But, in the end, it had been an adventure.

His second year hadn't been too fun - he'd almost lost his sister- but he'd still managed to create indelible memories with the two most important people in his life. 

His favourite moment had been when, in his fifth year, he'd become the Keeper for the Gryffindor Quidditch Team.

Every year had left him something permanent, even the year prior to his last- he had helped save the world and finally found the courage to make a go on the girl that he'd liked for years.

He would have missed that school.

"You're right! I will miss Hogwarts!" he lamented, his eyes beginning to water.