A Meaning To His Life

Six days earlier

The news of George and Angelina's wedding inspired Harry.

The components of the pair were both barely twenty-year-olds, yet they were ready to tie the knot.

So, why shouldn't he do the same with Draco?

True, they had not been together for a long time, but it was proven to him, in many occasions, that they were soulmates.

He had found true love and he wanted to hold on to it as much as he could, therefore, getting married would only reinforce this bond.

He was going to propose at the wedding, as part of his speech. It would have been so romantic, in his opinion.

He knew that in UK, in that year, same-sex marriage was not legal.

However, in the wizarding world, such exception was granted in France - he had hear Fleur talk about it, once.

He only needed a ring. He knew he could find one in Diagon Alley, but he couldn't really leave the school premises without permission. After the war, even students of age were put on a watch.

He knew that the jeweler wasn't fond of delivering items by owl and, in addition to it, money to pay for it was in Gringott's.

He had chosen an emerald embezzled ring for a particular reason; he wanted Draco to be reminded of his eyes every time he took a glance at it.

He didn't intend to reveal his intention to his friends - he wanted it to be a surprise for everyone.

Also, he ran no risks of Draco knowing before it was time.

 So, he thought he would ask a professor to let him leave the school for a day for his mission. 

He would have told Draco that he had to be out to visit the Ministry for some aurors counseling.

But who could he ask that would keep it a secret?  

Professor McGonagall was on leave because of a death of a distant relative, so there was only one person in the whole school that could have accepted; Miss Sivan.

So, shortly before dinner, he found himself knocking on the door of her office.

"Do come in!" the teacher said in her calm tone.

Harry slowly pulled the door open, then he entered the room timidly.

The eccentric teacher was sitting on her chair, grading papers for some first-years.

He had never noticed this before, but her office was filled with pictures of fairies.

She even had a cage full of those flying creatures, who were constantly shining a light.

Obviously, the trail of glitter from the door to the table was a must.

He was growing more and more convinced that the woman right before him was either a fairy lover or a hybrid herself.

"Oh, Potter!" she said as she raised her eyes to see who the guest was. "Congratulations, you restored your legacy in my subject." she smiled broadly.

"This is not what I was meaning to discuss, actually." The boy said, scratching his head. "I need to tell you something very important."

Miss Sivan nodded for him to sit on the chair, all while still scribbling on the essays.

"I'm all ears." she said.

The black haired boy took a deep breath. Talking about this very personal issue with an almost stranger wouldn't be too easy.

"Well, as we both know, on Saturday, my friends George and Angelina are getting married- I mean, of course you know, since you're officiating it- and I'm planning something special for that day" He said, all in one breath.