Bad Blood and Mistletoes

A few days after the 'incident' there was still bad blood between Ginny and the Gryffindors plus Draco. The girl had given up trying to explain herself, as she was considered a traitor. 

During meals she would sadly look at the people that had once thought very highly of her. They were laughing with each other, living perfectly fine without her. She wondered if maybe it would have been better to be expelled. At least, she wouldn't have to see them every day.

The only person in the whole school who didn't seem to hate her was Luna. Too bad that she was a Ravenclaw.

That next weekend, at Hogsmeade, Luna and Ginny had gone to Madam Puddifoot, as the Three Broomsticks wasn't the most favorable place for her.

"I am being bullied by my own house." Ginny said to her friend. She had her head down in order to avoid her gaze, as she had a lump in her throat.

"Same."Luna said. "People are cruel. And your little game in the Great Hall probably didn't help. I suspect the Wrackspurts had infested your brain that day." She continued, firmly convinced of her theory.

"No, Luna... It was my fault, I was angry and hurt... but I shouldn't have done that. Or involve Parkinson into it." The redhead said.

"You will see, Harry will forgive you. I mean, he's forgiven Malfoy." Luna observed.

That gave Ginny a slight sense of hope.

"You know what, Luna... I feel bad for Malfoy. I never thought I'd say this but he didn't really deserve to be thrown out of his home."she said, still looking down.

"He's changed, I reckon. I could get him to buy the Quibbler, maybe." said Luna. "Don't pretend that you're not about to cry, Gin Gin. You can cry freely with me. Unless you get your tears in my drink, I don't care."

Ginny tilted her head up and gave Luna a smile. She felt blessed to have her, without her it would have all been much harder. "Thank you, Luna. You're the only one who doesn't hate me around here." She said, taking Luna's hand in hers.

Luna looked at their hands and blushed slightly. "No problem. I just think you're influenced by vile creatures, but I know that the real you is much better." she said.

The other girl giggled in response.

"You're so cute when you do that." The blonde observed.

Ginny suddenly felt a weird feeling of warmth invade her chest, then her face, which became red. Must have been the effect of the Butterbeer, she thought, although she wasn't sure of it herself. Did she enjoy compliments from Luna a little too much?

*

Meanwhile, at the Three Broomsticks, the golden trio plus Draco were enjoying themselves.

"I hardly believe this, the four of us, together, at the same table, with no wands out." Ron said with a grin.

This was their first time hanging out all together since Draco's change of heart.

"I told you that my friendliness might surprise you." said the Slytherin.

He and Harry were sitting next to each other, holding hands underneath the table, while Ron and Hermione were sitting opposite them, also holding hands.

"It's so weird to think that this all started with Draco pushing Harry to the ground." Hermione pointed out.

"He did it on purpose, as he knew I liked him." said Harry, looking at his boyfriend.

"I was suspecting it, yes." Draco confirmed with a smirk. "I'm sure I was able to visit you in your dreams that night." He teased.

Harry blushed furiously. It had actually happened. He recalled that dream about them kissing, which became true a day after.