Promise This

The European Cup had contributed to making Draco's late birthday celebration almost as good as Ginny's, despite Adrian Martin.

In the days that followed it, he couldn't help feeling a mixture of excitement and terror, as the Big Day was getting closer and closer. 

The organisation of the ceremony was carried out by the Weasleys and it was meant to be a surprise, so no one among them -except for Ginny and Luna- knew what it was going to be like.

It had been George's idea, as he felt that the surprise effect would have been better for the future bride and grooms.

The Grangers had been informed, too.

It being a mixed wedding, meaning that muggles, too, would be attending, there couldn't be too many magic tricks and it had to be in a muggle location, in order for all the guests to reach the place.

Wizards and witches attending could travel there by Floo Powder or disapparation, as they would end up in a close by room. which was protected by a disillusionment charm. 

Only the ones who knew the whereabouts of the venue could use those methods.

If anything weird had happened, the non magical attendants' memories would have been wiped out.

Also, the muggle location was the best choice to avoid unwanted press.

Narcissa Malfoy had complained about that decision, but accepted to go anyway, as it was her son's wedding.

Harry wasn't exactly convinced with her behaviour. Narcissa Malfoy going to a semi-muggle wedding? Making this effort for Draco?

Something felt fishy about it.

On August 28th, after weeks spent going to beaches and local pubs, it was time to take the train to Paris, where the wedding would have taken place on that same day.

Once in Paris, the couples were split in two groups, so that they could get ready.

Ginny took Hermione and Draco to a hotel room, where their outfits were waiting for them.

The redhead was supposed to be there as a supervisor, making sure that everything would have gone by smoothly.

The room was definitely luxurious, it had a king-sized bed with white sheets embroidered with "just married", next to it was a heart shaped jacuzzi with red candles placed on its borders.

It was a honeymoon suite, but Ginny didn't reveal which couple would have slept there on their first night as spouses. 

The whole room smelled like a combination of jasmine and lavender fragrances, evoking a calming effect on the people who entered it. 

Its rosy tones made Hermione wish that it would end up being her and Ron's suite.

Draco wasn't too in love with its looks, but it was still pretty beautiful.

The white dress, Ginny's maid of honour gown and Draco's suit were all carefully laid on the bed.

 Hermione had chosen to wear her mother's wedding dress, however she wanted some changes made to it - all of which Molly took care of.  

It still had its original vintage vibe, but Molly had applied lacy decorations over the old layers of tulle and organza. She'd modified the top, breaking the round neck part into a V-neckline, and added beads to the ball gown skirt for shimmer.

Draco would be wearing a dark green suit, which symbolised both him having been a Slytherin and his future husband's eye colour.

Ginny's dress was the same that she had worn for George and Angelina's wedding.