Heaven in Hiding

Things were going great for the new couple lately, though there was one particular they couldn't ignore: They couldn't be public about their relationship.

"Harry, it's not so subtle that you and Malfoy are... exchanging... messages..." Hermione observed one day at Breakfast. Harry and Draco were sending each other looks and magic air kisses. They were not so evident, as the air kisses only took a second to arrive to the recipient. They were heart shaped, small, flying pink clouds that culminated in a soft "pop" upon reaching the target's lips.

"I know, Mione," said a smiling Harry. "It's just, I can't really help it... It's hard for me to hide how crazy I am for him." He finished, blushing a little.

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Oh, here we go. I mean," She said. "We've already established that we are fine with you and Malfoy, but... are you sure you can really trust him? After all, this is Malfoy we're talking about." She continued, in a worried tone.

"Oh come on, Hermione!" Harry exclaimed. "I can look after myself. He seems pretty genuine to me. You just need to get to know him, that's all. Didn't you say it yourself, that you were ready to become friends with him?"

Hermione sighed, but it was Ron who spoke. "It just takes a bit of getting used to, that's all. But, Harry, do be careful with those exchanges. You don't want the whole school to see..."

"Don't worry, I don't think anyone noticed." Harry said and a second later a magic air kiss settled on his lips. Ron and Hermione noticed right away. Harry gave a surprised giggle, while his two best friends were looking at each other. "I mean, we did notice." Hermione observed.

"Because you know, Hermione! That's why... I mean, otherwise someone else would have said something, but no one is." Harry explained. It was true, no one in the Great Hall seemed to have seen it. They were all too busy munching on their food, anyway.

Although, at the Slytherin table, a perplexed Pansy was looking at the pink trail of sparkles the air kiss had produced, but she could have easily mistaken it for one of those magic illusions of the Great Hall sky-like ceiling.

"Guys..." Harry said, then he took a breath. "You'll think me crazy, but... " he moved closer to them so that no one would over hear. "I think I might be falling in love with him."

At this, both his best friends gasped.

"WHAT?" Ron almost shouted. A few heads turned to see what had just happened, but then went back to their businesses when they didn't see anything weird. Ron blushed at the attention he had just received. Hermione elbowed her boyfriend in the ribs. "Well this is quite a bit for us to process, Harry." Hermione said, glaring at a now wincing Ron.

"I'm sorry Ron," Harry said, looking at his best friend, who was still red in the face. "But I never felt anything like this with Ginny... I guess I was never really in love with her." He then turned around to look at Draco, smiling. His boyfriend didn't see him, as he was chuckling lightly at something Blaise had said.

"I mean isn't he just so cute when he does that?" Harry said dreamily.

"Not to burst your bubble, but... Don't you think you're rushing a bit? I mean, you've just gotten together..." Hermione said.

"I don't really care." Harry replied with a shrug. "I just feel so euphoric when we kiss. Eh,even by simply being with him, really. I mean just look at him smile... it might sound shocking, but... Draco's really sweet once you get to know him."

Hermione and Ron didn't really agree with him, as they didn't think the words "Draco" and "sweet" belonged in the same sentence. Harry saw that his friends were not so convinced, so he continued. "He just happened to be unlucky. He didn't really have a choice, he had to join in on Voldemort's plans or he would have been killed. But he wasn't too happy about being a death eater. Such thing made him suffer greatly."