You Got Everybody Fooled

December 31st, 1998, London

Hermione and her mother, Laura Granger, walked into a hair salon.
Hermione's bushy hair needed taming as they were supposed to attend this Dentist New Year's Gala, an event involving all the best dentists of the country and many important people would have participated.
As Hermione and her mum sat on the chairs, the daughter noticed someone she knew sitting three seats from her.
It was a girl who was sitting next to a guy she apparently found attractive, as she would smile at him and play with her hair from time to time.
It was Pansy Parkinson, her old bully.
She found it as a surprise to see her in the muggle world, as Slytherins never had muggleborns.
She must have been halfblood.

She didn't know whether she should say hi, since they now had a mutual friend, but they didn't really see eye to eye.

When the Slytherin girl bent down to pick up something she'd apparently dropped, Hermione wondered if that had been her wand.

The guy she had been flirting with had dark brown hair and blue eyes and he didn't look British.
He must have had French origins.
French.

Present day, Hogwarts

"Pansy?" Harry said, in shock.
Just as Draco had predicted. It was Pansy. His friend and confidant, Pansy.
"Surprise, Potter." She said, covering herself with her over-sized robe.

"Harry, Draco!" said a puffing Hermione, she had just arrived there after an extenuating race up the moving stairs. Ron was there with her, too.

"Jean Jacques is Pansy! She just took the polyjuice potion!" said Ron. "Oh, they know already."

Draco couldn't believe it. He had trusted Pansy. He had forgiven her for ruining his life and she had not been honest about it. Her tear filled apology had just been for show. He should have known.

He'd seen that Harry had raised some eyebrows at his and Pansy's reconciliation.

Now, he knew why his boyfriend was so wary of her.

"Pansy, why?" he asked her, apathetic. "This is why you were never in the same place at the same time as Jean Jacques and why he suddenly disappeared! That's why you were so elusive... what a fool I was, thinking that you were having some sort of trouble! That's why he'd wake up at 5am! And why a flask would never leave his side. It was the polyjuice potion, not a sickness remedy. "

"Because I am in love with you, Draco! Can't you see? I have always loved you, given you everything, while that goody goody Potter screwed you once and got you under his spell!" Pansy shouted. "I thought I had to make you both pay. I figured, if I had transformed into a boy, I could have seduced you, thus separating you two. And I had made it!"

Harry had to fight the temptation to rip all of her hair off, piece by piece.

"Ron, do you still have the veritaserum? I guess little miss double face here has some explaining to do." he simply said, seeing something in the distance.

"You read my mind." said Ron. he took the vial of the truth potion out of his pockets and gave it to his best friend.

Then, the Weasley boy tackled Pansy so that she wouldn't be able to escape.

"Let me go!" She screamed, trying to wiggle away, but Ron's grasp was too vigorous.

Harry grabbed her by her neck, then he forcefully poured the content of the vial down her throat.

"Tell us your plan in detail." He hissed, stone cold.

Then, the Slytherin girl spat the truth out like it were bad medicine.