The Aftermath

And there they stood. Kissing, in the Great Hall.

Hermione's eyes were filled with tears. She wiped her eyes and snuggled into Ron's shoulder, who held her into an embrace and kissed her head, then looked at the kissing couple and couldn't stop smiling. He felt proud of his friend.

Ginny's face was rather shocked. She gave Pansy a look, her mouth still open. Pansy was also taken aback. No one said a word, the whole of the Great Hall was still in shock.

All that could be heard was the occasional cough from a student. The teachers were also very quiet. When the two lovers parted the kiss, Draco had tears in his eyes. Harry brushed his fingers on his face to wipe all the residue . Draco looked into his eyes and smiled. The two boys looked at the crowd in front of them and Harry's voice broke the silence.

"Dear Hogwarts,"He began, "Yes, as you can see, Draco and I are a couple. True, we weren't ready to come out, but we were forced into it by the very people we trusted the most. So, what can we do? They were surely hoping to bring us down but we chose to be brave." And as he finished his speech he held his lover's hand in his.

There was a slow clap, then it became louder by the second. Harry smiled. He felt so much respect for himself in that moment. And for the crowd. Everyone was clapping at the bravery, except Blaise, Gregory, Pansy and Ginny. Blaise was so shocked that he had almost choked on a bean.

"Enough!" Professor McGonagall yelled, but no one seemed to pay attention to her.

Ginny, at the sight of the applauding people, felt as if she had made a mistake in her plan. She turned to Pansy, her face showing a disappointed look. "I don't understand... why is everyone clapping their hands?" She wondered.

"They should all be infuriated!" Pansy protested. The look on her face was similar to Ginny's.

"Well, this is unexpected." Harry said, feeling surprised. He thought that the silence in the Great Hall meant trouble was to come. But, he was happy to be wrong. He turned his head to see Draco's reaction, he was just as surprised as he was.

"Wait till you see what the Slytherins have to say, though." Draco said, eying his house mates. He was already starting to feel worried.

Professor McGonagall had had enough of the ruckus that was now taking place in the room, so she yelled "Finite Incantatem!" and ordered for everyone to keep quiet.

She got just the effect she had intended to receive, as every student was done clapping and shouting.

"What were you looking to achieve?" She asked in a scolding tone, referring to Ginny and Pansy.

"Orchestrating this buffoonery! What were you thinking, humiliating students like this?"

Both girls were looking at their feet in shame. Ginny was the first one to speak.

"I-" she tried to say, but the Headmistress intervened. "Miss Weasley," she said sternly. "and Miss Parkinson, the price you will pay for your misconduct consists in the removal of 50 points each. Nevertheless, sending unauthorized material to the Daily Prophet is considered a felony, therefore you should both be expelled, but we will have the time to discuss the matter with your parents."

"But-" Pansy tried to argue, but she was shushed immediately by McGonagall's worst death stare.

The Headmistress ordered for everyone to go back to their seats and continue with their meal, then she turned around to speak to Harry and Draco and awarded them 25 points each for their bravery.

Harry passed a shocked Ginny on his way to his seat. "It takes much more to bring down Harry Potter, didn't Voldemort teach you anything?" he said to her, with a hint of sass.