Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I walk to school most of the days. On the bus people notice you. We don't have enough for a car to drive.

"Have fun at school." My mother said forcing a smile.

"Thanks mom." I forced a smile back.

Our conversations are like machines replaying the right things to say.

After my father left, she's got rid of ALL his stuff. Just as quickly as he had left, his stuff had left. It was like he was never here.

She left for work and I left my house.

It was the first day of junior year. Most of the now juniors had posted pictures and made shirts for the upcoming year.
Me? I just put on a gray hoodie, jeans, and put on very little makeup.

I kinda have a routine. Go into the classroom first and go to the back, in the far seat next to the window.

I started my walk along the crooked sidewalk to get to the school, "Middleton High".

I walk pass the house next door. There's no car in the stone driveway. I wondered if they moved in or not. Maybe they brought there stuff, looked around, and decided to leave. That's what most people do anyway.

I kept walking till I heard the, familiar, yet loud and obnoxious sounds of reuniting girls and boys. Girls squealed and hugged their 200000 BFFS.

I glanced over and rolled my eyes. I knew the truth. Those "best friends" probably talk bad about each other when with others.

As usual, I got to my first class, history, early. I sat in my usual seat. Didn't make a sound.

Everyone piled into the class, glowing from the first day. I just wanted to stay out of people's way.

I saw that there was an empty seat next to mine. I was relieved to see that no one had noticed that there was a person in the back by the window. Less people, less worry, less disappointment.

Just as I was about to put my stuff down, the door opened. A guy was late. The guy shouldn't have bothered me. Any one could be late. But then he walked to the back turned to the empty seat next to mine, and sat.

Any other guy would be fine. They wouldn't pay attention to me. Except this wasn't any other guy. It was this guy. The guy from the window. The guy who lived next door.

The guy who for some reason, once again, was staring at me..