Chapter 20

*the next morning*

I woke up really anxious. I had reason to be. Bella and Mandy were thrilled about the news of jake and I but I knew better than to expect lauren and the rest of the school to be as accepting. He was their mission and when they fail a mission because of me, a nobody, he'll breaks loose. If Lauren was  mad about the break up Monday, she will be even more upset today.

I put on a pair of long leggings and a loose green flowery tank top. I wonder if jake will like it. normally I don't care about how people see me because they don't but today and probably every day from now on I will always want to look better. I pulled back a piece of my straightened blonde hair and pinned it back.

I put on more makeup than usual, including eyeliner and eyeshadow rather than only powders and mascara.

My mom was  standing in the kitchen for once when I came down.

"Wow Cameron, you look beautiful honey. Why the sudden change?" My mom questioned taking in my full look.

Last night I hadn't had time to tell her about me and Jake. Bella and Mandy had been here till midnight before they left and she had been passed out.

"Oh just trying something new." I said grabbing a water bottle. I'll tell her later, I suppose.

I said bye to her and walked outside to meet jake. He of course looked dashing as always in a navy shirt and jeans.

I swear his mouth fell open when he saw me. I hid my blush as I walked toward him.

"Hey." I said stopping in front of him. he kissed my cheek.

"Hey. you look breath taking as always." He smiled and grabbed my hand. "I'm going to have to fend off all these guys and show them that your mine."

I laughed knowing it was the complete opposite in reality. I still felt butterflies when he called me, his.

I was silent as we walked. "Cammie, are you okay?" he asked concerned.

my heart stopped when he said Cammie. Only my da- father, called me Cammie.

"sorry for calling you Cam-" he started but I interrupted.

"I like it when you call me Cammie. the last person who did was my dad but I want move past all the things he ruined for me. I want to move forward with you."

"I do too." He said kissing my hand. "Don't be nervous about school. They might give looks and stare and say stuff or try to steal me away," he said confirming my thoughts. "but don't worry. I don't want them. I just want you. And I will tell anyone who says otherwise."

We made it to the school sidewalk. We started along the path to find Bella, Mandy, and Kyle. they were my group of friends that I never imagined i would have. They all suddenly came into my life. They were all like my siblings.

At first no one noticed, then suddenly everyone turned to watch jake and saw him. holding hands. with me.

Guys were nodding and winking at him while girls were glaring me down in envy.

I stopped walking suddenly. "Everyone's whispering."

"Hey," He said cupping my face. "they are on my whipseringbin envy because of how amazing and stunning you are."

He kissed me in the middle of the sidewalk in front of everyone. Here I was kissing my boyfriend, near my group of friends, in the middle of school. Man, junior year was not AT ALL what I expected.

"Wow." Bella said smirking. "You guys are so cute. Now, if you hurt her we will not hesitate to hurt you." Then she smiled

sweetly.

Jake laughed. "I won't."

Despite the attention I was getting, people weren't being mean. A few even complimented me.

This day could not get weirder.

********************************************

"A cheese and Ham sandwich, no crust." Kyle and I said in unison.

We laughed. "My dad always makes it like that." He said grinning.

"Same. Well he used too." I said smiling. I liked Kyle. He was

super nice and always knew what to say.

we sat down t join the others. I sat next to jake and on my other side was Mandy. Across from us Kyle and Bella sat. Bella was sitting oddly close to him. I shot her a knowing "we will talk later" look and she blushed a deep shade of red.

Mandys phone vibrated and she flipped  it open.

"ugh." She said closing it. "It's mom again." She said to Kyle.

He nodded and cleared his throat. "our parents wanted to meet our "New friends" by having everyone over for dinner Friday, well tomorrow." He said.

I bite back my lip. Bella answered first. "sounds great." She smiled.

Mandy turned to look at me nervously. "Of course I'll come." I told her and jake nodded in agreement. She sighed.

"thank you guys." She said and flipped her phone open to text her mom.

Dinner at her house won't be bad, right?

Hey guys! OMG! thank you all sooo much for 973 reads!

I'm hoping for 1000 by the next chapter. **warning** there is a lot if crazy stuff happening next chapter and each chapter after this so beware.

Anyways love you all!

~Callie