Chapter 33

I woke up as my eyelids fluttered open. I blinked them a few times to regain focus as to where I am exactly? Around my I see trees and bushes while I'm lying on a rock.

How did I get here? My mind tries to grasp whatever memories I have left from last night.

I got up from lying in the dirt and brushed off my dress. I took one step and nearly twisted my ankle falling. I looked down at my shoe; the heel was broken.

Great just great. I took off my heels and started walking carrying them. My hair was a blonde nest of twigs and leaves.

I stepped out into the sun to walk to my car and istantly got hit with a massive hangover. Flashes of drinks and people partying went through my mind, however I had no reconcilation of any of those memories.

I reached down to find my phone lying inbetween my car seat. Was I really okay to drive?

Yea, I'll be- I started thinking as I turned around into a bush and hurled. Guess my stomach can't keep anything down.

Okay, definetly NOT okay to drive. I looked around the park for anyone. No one is here this early. Ugh.

"Hey! You're still here?" The boy from last night asked grinning.

"Thomas, right?" I asked him.

"The one and only." He laughed trying to make a joke.

I tried to remember what happened last night but I couldn't. All I remember was talking to Thomas and then after that it goes blank.

"So, why is a pretty girl like you, stuck in the woods at 6:00 am?" Thomas asked.

"I like sleeping on rocks." I laughed. "Why is a guy like you wandering the woods at 6:00 am?

"Morning jog." He shrugged.

I closed one eye to block out the sun. My head was pounding with fire and I could barely manage to lean againist the car.

"Do- do you want me to drive you home?" He said extending his hand to the car.

I nodded with grateful eyes. I tossed him my keys and reached down to pick up my phone. I had 14 missed calls, all from Jake. I also had 10 texts from him.

*Where are you?*

*Sorry for leaving.* He was there?

*Don't go near him Cameron.* Go near who? Lord I hate drinking.

*Did you make it home?*

*Cammie answer me!*

Okay, this is really weird. Jake was at the party? I don't remember him there, then again I don't remember anything there. If he was there then why did he leave? I was too swarmed in my thoughts that I had zoned out Thomas.

"Cameron?" He asked me snapping me out of my haze.

"Mhm." I had no clue what he had said and he could tell.

"I said you have a pretty intimidating boyfriend." He chuckled to himself and continued driving.

I nearly choked on the air. "You met Jake?"

He nodded. "You don't remember?"

I shook my head.

"What happened?" Maybe if he explains what happened, then I can figure out what Jake meant.

"Well he came and started trying to intimidate me by kissing you and putting his arm around your waist." He started, glancing at me. He stiffed a small laugh. "Then I walked away and you guys got into an arguement so he left."

Oh. As soon as he said that everything started flowing back to me. All this new knowledge and memeories made my head pound harder adding to my already massive headache.

I remember my fight with Jake and him leaving. "I remember how I became the party queen jumping and drinking anything."

"Yea, that was alittle funny." He responded. Oops. I didnt realize I had said that outloud. As we pulled up into the driveway I had the dawning realization that I had my mother to deal with.

"Thanks for the ride." I said and he tossed me back my keys.

"See you around, Cameron." He said and started jogging down the sidewalk.

I opened the door in hopes to reason with my mother. I unlocked the door and screamed at the sight in front of my eyes.