Chapter 34

"Oh my god!" I screeched, frozen as my jaw dropped to the floor. Standing in the living room was a man, half naked with a towel around his waist, kissing my mom.

They broke apart as soon as I came in and my moms eyes widened. She opened her mouth to explain, then closed it and opened it again.

"Cammie, dear, this is Robert." She finally says.

She's kidding me.

She wants to lecture me about being a responsible person when she didn't even notice I was gone for the night because she was hooking up with Robert? Who is Robert anyway? Her call guy?

"He's my...boyfriend." She answers my thoughts. What the heck? Boyfriend?

"Hi Cameron. Nice to meet you." Robert greets me, extending his hand.

I don't even glance over as I speak to my mother.

"Since when have you started dating again?" I asked, impatiently tapping my foot against the wooden floors.

She sighs and answers, "A few weeks ago. Maybe 3?"

I can't believe this. My mom dating again? I would normally be fine but right now, as soon as my dad re-emerged my life and when Jake and I are bickering. I need her and she's dating a guy.

Robert, who shifted uncomfortably in his towel, had dark hair and eyes. He has a friendly smile though.

I'll talk to her about this later. I slowly turn to trudge upstairs.

"Whoa whoa whoa. Where do you think you are going? We have to talk about last night." My mother argues.

"You mean the part where I snuck out or the part where Robert was here last night with you." I question, sarcastically.

"I mean about you sneaking out of the house to go who knows where and then coming back the next morning!" She replies sternly.

"We can talk later. Wouldn't want to ruin your time with Robert." I turn my head and walk away from her upstairs, leaving her and a very uncomfortable Robert.

************************************

"Ugh!" I groaned and threw myself on the bed.

I turned my head and saw Jake opening his window to talk.

I rolled myself up and to the window.

"Hey Cammie-"

"What happened last night?" I pressured. I felt an urge of madness over him leaving me all alone.

"I'm sorry for leaving. You were just acting so different I- I didn't know what to do." He struggles to say and sighs.

"So you left me there?" I say astonished.

"I thought you would make it home-"

"Well clearly I didn't." I snap.

"And I'm sorry for that. Just meet me tonight at Ryan's Halloween party. Okay?" He tells me.

I lean my head back in confusion. I needed to relax and clear my head- and get outta this house.

"Okay. I'll meet you there." I agree and close my window, needing some time alone.

*******************

When 8:00pm came around I started to get ready. I curled my hair

I was wearing a sexy cat costume. I had tight black pants and a tight shirt that a cut a little. Seeing as my wonder women shoplifted costume had been confiscated, I was left with no choice.

The costume was still hot but not as good as my wonder women costume. I wonder who was wearing it now.

Jake knew how much I wanted the wonder women costume but didn't know what my next costume was. I wanted to text him but I felt like I should wait till I get there.

I painted my face and put on the ears. I walked downstairs and found my mom gone. Probably out with Robert, my annoying sub-conscience adds.

I push the thought away and walked out the door where Bella was picking me up to go.

Hey guys! SO SORRY about not updating sooner😁

Wattpad deleted the chapter and then I had new ideas so everything went crazy😂😁

Anyway hope you like! I'm also working on a new book that has longer more book like chapters that I'm excited to share!!!

Xo, Callie❤️