Chapter 19

"Jake..I.." I was loss at words. I didn't know what to say.

"It was a few years ago. 6 to be exact. My mom thought that by coming here would be best. The town just had him everywhere." He told me.

"I'm sorry."

We sat there in silence for 10 minutes until he turned to me.

"How come you were ignoring me these past few days?" He asked.

I felt a blush rise in my cheeks. "Oh, I was just nervous to talk to you after what almost happened on Friday. I wanted time to think I guess." I responded.

"What were you thinking about?" He questioned. We were facing each other now, still on the ground.

"You. How I felt." I took a deep breath. "I really like you Jake. I realized it then. But I tried to stay away from you."

I looked away but he put his hand on my cheek to turn me to him.

"Cam, I really like you too. More than you know. I realized that when I moved here and saw you through the window. You were beautiful. I couldn't stop staring at you. I loved how you didn't kiss up to the populars and how you were always such a mystery. Every little thing you did." I was now tearing up. I tried to blink them back. "Why would you try to stay away from me?"

I wiped under my eyes before answering. "Im scared. I've been hurt before. Bad. The last person I told I love you too left. My..father. He left two years ago to be with someone else. He told me it was a work trip and I believed him. I haven't seen him since. I'm scared to let anyone in because then when they leave it won't hurt me."

He cupped his hands gently on my face. "Why would anyone want to leave you?" Then he pressed his lips to mine. A soft kiss under the circumstances. A kiss that felt like it should've happened long ago. I felt fireworks around us lighting up in the midst of the dim graveyard.

When he pulled back, my eyes fluttered open. "I will never leave you."

There were tears streaming down my face. Happy tears. I just let them fall against my cheek. "What about lauren?" I asked. She will be pissed.

"I broke up with her friday." I hide a grin. "You missed some classic bitch rants that happened on Monday and Tuesday. And I'd been meaning to have this talk," he pointed between us, "for awhile."

I smiled. "I wanted to tell you tonight at the movies." His face dropped. "Oh my god. I'm so sor-"

"It's fine." I assured him. "I can't believe I missed her rants and breakdowns." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh there will be more tomorrow once she finds out your my girlfriend." He said before realizing. My heart fluttered at the word girlfriend. "I mean if you want tha-" I gave him a peck on the lips to assure him.

We got up to leave the cemetery. He had to get back and bella and Mandy were coming over so I could share what happened.

We reached the lot where the car was parked and his car was parked.

We standing in the parking lot and he was holding both my hands. "Talk to me tonight?" He asked.

I nodded but then shook my head. "Bella and Amanda are coming over and they are going to interrogate me for hours." He looked nervous and I realized why. "I will say it was at movies so they don't know about your dad." He nodded.

"Well I'll text you then." He smiled and kissed my cheek. I blushed and went to the car. I watched as he walked back into the cemetery to say goodbye. I watched until I couldn't see him.

And when happy music came on the radio during the drive, I didn't turn it off like normal. Cause for once I actually felt happy.