Chapter 32

I arrived at the little woods right as the party was reaching full swing. Chairs were spread out but everyone was standing in groups by the large fire burning in the center. Off to the side, coolers of beer lined and guys throwing and catching a disk were tumbling in the dry grass. Trees stretched for miles but the only people brave enough to venture past the tree line were the stoners. They were high all the times and smelled like pot. My nose scrunched up just thinking about that.

I glided over to a blue cooler and grabbed a red cup. A guy next to me swung his cup down and scooped the beer into his cup. I immediately did the same and held it up to my nose. The smell was bitter and strong.

"Heeyy," a guy slurred and put his arm around me, obviously drunk off his ass. I laughed at the poor guy. His friend came over and brought him over to a chair to sit then to my surprise came back over to where I was standing.

"Hey. Sorry about Miles. Just went through a break up and tends to get drunk and go after the beautiful ones." He said then realizing he called me beautiful, blushed.

"Thanks. I'm Cameron, by the way." I said introducing myself.

"Thomas." He said extending his hand gentle-man like. I shook it and his brown eyes light up. They matched his teddy bear brown hair. He seemed like a sweet guy, but the whole time I was talking to him, I was imagining Jake. Everywhere I turned I saw his beautiful eyes and body. I thought I was delusional until I saw him standing across the fire, my mind tricking me.

He started moving over here and I realized he actually is here. "Hey!" I said lighting up. He put his arm around my waist and kissed me. I didn't realize what he was doing until I saw Thomas still standing his front of us, his brown eyes wide.

I pulled away and Jake kept his arm around my waist. I saw Jake glaring at Thomas and Thomas looking nervous.

"Jake this is Thomas. Thomas, Jake. " I said introducing them to each other.

"Hi, nice to meet you." Thomas said extending his hand. Jake shook it but didn't pull away from his eyes. Thomas's nervousness was increased.

"I'll see you around Cameron." He said and practically ran back to his friend.

I scowled at Jake. "What was that about?"

"He was obviously flirting with you. You weren't even stopping him." Jake muttered.

Jake as the jealous type? I had no clue.

"The entire time I was talking to him I was thinking of you. How I wanted you to come so bad." His face relaxed and he brushed his nose gently against mine. We smiled at each other and I closed my eyes and leaned against him.

"How did you know to come anyway?" I asked laughing and taking a sip of the beer. It tasted strong and burned as it went down my throat.

"Well I saw you climb down your window and thought you might run into trouble so I went to make sure you were okay."

I scoffed at him. "I don't need a babysitter. I can take care of my self."

"I know but lately you've been.." He responded looking down.

"Lately I've been.." I said tell him to finish the sentence.

"I don't know... Different. Something's different." He stuttered quietly.

Different? I've not been different.

"Is it because of...your father?" His whispers quietly. Tears spring to my eyes as I whisper yell, "What?! No, how dare you bring my asshole of a father into this."

He holds his hands up in defeat but shakes his head. "Whatever is going on, I don't like it." He turned on his heel and walked back to the lot of cars, leaving me standing there alone.

What is with him? First he follows me here to babysit me then gets jealous and now has the nerve to drag my father into- whatever this problem is.

At least he didn't show up with Amanda or Kyle. I haven't seen them since my house and it makes my uncomfortable to think of them living an amazing life while he left us.

I might as well pretend that my- our father doesn't exist anymore. I haven't seen him nor do I want too. I don't even want to remember tonight. I take a long swing of my beer and ignore the burning sensation as it flows down my throat.

Ignoring the pain and loneliness, I follow the crowd of people dancing my the blazing fire.

A guy is lifted on someone's shoulders and I see him lift up his drink. Slurring his words he starts, "Here's to living life with no regrets!" Everyone cheers but cheers even harder when he adds, "And to getting wasted so we can't remember the night!"

I laugh and along with everyone take another big sip while my vision starts to blur.

Great, now everyone I don't want to see, I can't see.

Hey guys sorry for the long no update😁 I was away all weekend and didn't want to rush the chapter.

I will be uploading the next chapter tomorrow or Thrusday!

Let me know your thoughts!

Xo, Callie