Chapter 15

"He doesn't even know about my dad." I said frowning.

I followed Bella's eyes as they widened and her head tilted ever so slightly to the left where Mandy was laying on a cushion pillow.

I gasped, forgetting she was present and listening.

"What happened?" She said. "You can trust me." I tried to read her expression. She had kind, understanding eyes. Like she knew the feeling. Normally I would say no I don't even no you but for some bizarre reason, I felt comfortable telling her. Or it slipped.

"My jerk of a father left my and my mom 1 and 1/2 years ago. Haven't heard or seen him at all." I said giving her a brief recap.

She didn't say anything. Just hugged me and nodded in understanding. I was wondering if something had happened to her but I was interrupted by banging on a window. Jakes window. My heart lept and my brain freaked out.

I motioned for Bella to open one blind and look. She opened the blinds all the way. Plastered against the glass was a notepad with a note that read , "we need to talk. -J"

"What should I do?" I asked.

Bella was thinking. Mandy answered right away. "Write a note back. If things are awkward then the friendship will be awkward and you don't want that."

I didn't want that. But I also didn't want to talk to him until my feelings are gone. It would be to hard.

"I don't want to talk to him until my feelings are gone. That way he won't notice." I sighed.

"Cameron, tell him. It will kill you forever if you don't." Bella stated and Mandy nodded.

I sighed again and looked down.

"Okay I will. But on Wednesday. We made plans for the movies." I said.

I want to make sure my feelings will last and if he feels the same. What if he does? I will end up getting hurt either way. How can I avoid him till Wednesday??

Bella and Mandy must have guessed my thoughts because they asked the same thing.

"Hmm.."

"You could play sick and skip school?" Mandy suggested.

"That's genius." I told her and we planned out Monday and Tuesday because of course they were each going to stay with me.

"Thanks guys." I said as they left my house two hours after.

I walked back upstairs and got my notepad. I scribbled my response and banged on my window. I left it there and closed the blinds right as he looked at my note that read, "I know."

Hey guys! Next chapter is going to be long so sorry for the short chapter😁❤️

Comment and vote please even though this chapter is so short. I'll update the next one soon I promise!