Chapter 25

"So here's a bowl of chips and salsa..." Bella said trying to start a conversation.

Jake was running circles on my hands to calm me down. It wasn't working.

We had been sitting in the living room for 10 minutes. Jake and I on one couch, Bella in an armchair and Kyle and Amanda on another. Everyone was silent.

"You guys are going to talk eventually." Jake stated, getting up.

The silence was eating me up but I didn't know how to start this.

"Hi." I said after a good 5 minutes of awkward silence. I needed to talk to them but I wanted to do it alone. Just us.

I couldn't tell Amanda and Kyle's expression. They were facing down, not mad but- sad almost. I sighed and finally spoke.

"Jake, bella, do you guys mind going upstairs. I want to talk to them..alone."

Jake turned to me and mouthed "are you sure?" I nodded and he gave me one last look but following Bella upstairs. Now it was just us.

"Cameron, what happened tonight?" Kyle said looking down.

I looked at them with tearful eyes. I swallowed and cleared them away. "I slapped him because it's something I vowed myself to do." There expression shifted from confused to even more confused. I began to say the whole story. "Because he's my father."

Amanda and Kyle's expression were much much more in shock than Jake and Bella's.

"You both know he left me for another family. I guess that family was yours." I said looking away.

I was about to say something else before Kyle put his hand up to stop me. "Don't say anything yet. We need to explain."

Explain what? That his mom started dating this guy then married him and now you call him dad?

They both looked at each solemnly for a few minutes. "There's a part of this story that you don't know," they both said.

I pulled my hands back against my blonde hair, smoothing it out. Nervous habit, I guess.

What did I not know?

It seemed Crystal clear to me but then again my life is full of surprises.

They sighed and didn't speak for a few minutes before finally saying, "We are going to tell you EVERYTHING."

Hey guys! I've been receiving more votes on other chapters so thank you!! I haven't reached 10 votes on one but honestly Ily all for even voting😂❤️

I love reading your reactions in the comments! The next chapter I can GUARANTEE will be a major shock chapter so beware! 😏

~Callie💕