Chapter 12

"So what's going on between you and Jake?"

I nearly dropped the dark red nail polish bottle I was currently holding. Turning to Bella, I saw she was still staring at me in question.

It was Friday night at 7 and Bella was spending the night. We had gotten really close this week. She knew about my dad. It slipped when my mom came home crying, claiming she thought she saw him at the supermarket. I told Bella and we assured her that he was gone.

"What do you mean?" I asked playing dumb. I knew exactly why she asked.

And she could tell I knew cause she gave me the "you know exactly why" look.

I sighed. "We are just friends."

"Just friends?" She glanced over at me. "The entire week it was non-stop flirting with you guys! Remember on Wednesday?"

I thought back to it. She had meant when I had spilled pasta sauce on my jacket. Well spilled is an understatement. Lauren and her freaking crew lifted my lunch tray and pulled the classic "lunch spilled everywhere" Prank.

He had helped me get cleaned off with Bella. Literally pulling pieces of pasta from my hair. I told them, "I look like a horrible mess." But he shook his head and cupped his hand on my face. Then he said, "nah." He waved his hand in a shrugging way. "your beautiful."

When I snapped into reality I was blushing. "Told you." She said and smirked.

Did he like me? Did I even like him?

Her phone buzzed and she read a text. "Oo party at Ryan's!" She said excitedly.

"Too bad I'm not going."

"What?! You have to go. I bet jakes going." She said playfully joking.

I sighed. Maybe I could finally find out the truth and clear everything up.

Thinking one last thought, "Ok." I declared. "I'm going."

Sorry for the extremely short chapter!😁😭 THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE SUPER LONG I SWEAR!❤️❤️

-Callie💕